it seems expensive but i want to know if its worth it, thx, (i dont know where else to post this thread so i hope this is right)
I took guitar lessons for $12 per lesson from a musical genius with a home studio and I said it's worth it.
depends what you play. if you play jazz or classical or something else complicated lessons could help sort out the stuff you need to practice. If you play any form of rock (alternative, metal, emo, anything) you only really get better by getting a feel for what you need to do to play what you want.
NEVAH
j/k
take a few
then teach yourself, like i did
actually, it depends on your musica knowledge
if youve been in skool band, then youre fine with just a few, you might need more if you have not much musical knowledge
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
i take 45 min lessons once a week and my playing skill has increased exponentially since i started them.
I would say that almost regardless of what you play, how you play, or what style, taking lessons will help you. Not only will the theory and technique training most likely help you, the simple fact that you're committing to study the guitar on a scheduled basis will force you to keep working at it. If for example, you were going to promise me you'd practice every day for a certain amount of time, and really work at becoming better at the guitar, I'd say lessons could be good or bad, but simply based on the fact that lessons keep you going at guitar on a regular basis, I'd say they're worth it.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
yes yes yes yes yes dont listen to anyone who says it "dampens creativity". you need to take lessons and learn theory and things like that.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
dude lessions are deff worth it. ya there money and ya, there confusing at first but do it. If you learn anything from it, it was worth it.
MY GEAR

Gibson SG standard
Schecter Damien FR
Fender stratocoustic
Jackson roads v

Mesa boogie nomad --->1960 marshall cab
Crate 120 w
Marshall 15 w

Boss metal zone
Boss tu-2
Boss ds1
Vox wa

S.I.T. 10's
i have no previous musical experience, what im looking to learn are scales and whats in what key.
ActoGuitar, just one if not the best site to learn guitar.
If you see a poor child, don't give a fish, give him a guitar.
Guitar teachers are realy usefull. The guy i have teaching me just asks me what im finding difficult to understand and he'll explain until i get it and i pay 15 pounds for an hour every wednesday. And its normaly something fun to look forward to.
I will shred in the end!!
yes.. if youre willing to throw down the cash, and have the cash to throw..

do it.

youll be glad in the long run.
my playing skill has increased about 100X since I started lessons about one year ago, i've been playing guitar for a total of 5 years now, and never really bothered with theory...big mistake
It's always worth it - provided you have a good teacher.

Take a couple, and make sure you are getting more than just some songs taught to you.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Ooh, yeah, worth it. I've gotten tons better since I started lessons.
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
I agree with nightwind, totally worth it if you have a good teacher. A good teacher will split up lessons to keep you from always working on theory,though theory is a must it can get boring rather quickly, theory only becomes fun after you start to apply it. Also a good teacher will offer you several options on ways to be taught, most people don't learn the same way and a good teacher will work to find a technique that works best for you if necessary.
ive taught myself for 4 years and though i might have benefited from lessons, there is some comfort in knowing ive got to where i am by myself and knowing limited theory. just do whichever you want but if you go alone dont give up hope if you think youre doing things wrong. i got down in the early days but im alright now.
iv only been playin fr 3 years n i started with lessons personally it took up a lot of my spare time and created problems which detured mi from playing but i quit lessons and have been teaching myself n its allot ezyer n allot more fun
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
it seems expensive but i want to know if its worth it, thx, (i dont know where else to post this thread so i hope this is right)

If you want to get really good then I strongly recommend taking guitar lessons, but find a teacher who's very experienced (at least 20 years of playing).
I have been taking lessons from a teacher with 25 years experience and I do 2 hours a week at £20 an hour. I was self taught for a year but when I took lessons I became exponentially better at guitar.

It depends if you can afford it and if you feel you need it. A teacher can point you in the "right" direction with technique and every aspect of the guitar.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Lessons are worth it, you learn alot from it and it also comes in handy if you have a little chord progression to show your teacher tell him to play it the you can play scale's over it that's what I do with my teacher.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals