I know if you want to learn metal guitar, you can look up metal bands on UG, wiki etc.
Replace that with Rock, Funk, Blues etc, youre good to go, BUT:

What do i look up for Flamenco or classical guitar? I want to learn this style of guitar, but i don't have the time nor the money to get lessons, so i want to learn by myself the sam e way i taught myself bass guitar.

So Are there ways of getting sheet music for free, or tabs, or GP's? Or do i have to do it all by ear? Any help, advice, etc??
Well you chose a style that its difficult to learn alone. Flamenco has a very unique tecnique.
Flamenco guitars are really only if you want to play flamenco a lot. And they are more expensive than classical if you want a decent one. It will be difficult ot get one from vancouver, but i supose you can get it shipped. If you are gonna learn alone. First download a lot of paco de lucia, and tomatito, and listen (this is impotant) a lot of flamenco. Then download from emule some flamenco books. The important thing in flamenco is rythm and imprositation.
You need to have an amazing fingerpicking style with the thumb. O yeah also check in you tube videos of paco de lucia(perfect style) and try to emulate his positions. I warn you that without teacher its gonna be difficult.
A great song to learn is mediterranean sundance rio ancho by paco de lucia and al dimeola
I listen to a lot, and i love Paco

I have decent ground to start on with fingerpicking, as i use 3 fingers on right hand (index middle ring) on bass. But i lack in the thumb, i know i need a LOT of work with it.

Thanks tho
well then give it a try. I really learnt a lot just imitating what he does from downloaded videos. I am a sef- tought guitarist, but i have to admit im not good flamenco guitarist.
And i really dont suggest to buy a flamenco guitar unless you come to spain and buy it.
Still check in you re local shops
well its almost the same thing. I dont have a flamenco guitar. theyre expensive. The only important differnence is that the action in a flamenco is less hight and the body is smaller.
But not a really big differnence. In fact i have seen paco play with classical guitars.

you almost cant make the differnce.
Quote by mangablade
But can a classical guitar do for practice?

I'd definately say yes. Flamenco culture definately isn't about having all the perfect tools and ideal settings and conditions. A classical guitar will do fine.

RHYTHM IS KEY. Brush up on 'compas' and different forms and structures. There isn't much variation in chords, that's for sure.

As technical as flamenco can be, it is all about rhythm. A traditional flamenco guitarist exists to accompany a dancer or singer. If your rhythm is off, the party is over. The new rhythms will take some getting used to, much of it is in 12/8 or 6/8, with strange accents.

Good luck
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
If you do it on a classical put something down to save your guitar from your golpe unless you don't care about scars on the front. It should be fine otherwise though.
Question: I don't Understand why/how Bulerias starts on beat 12, if beat 12 is a strong accent. Can't we just say its beat 1? Not saying im right, i just wanna know the reasoning and all that behind it. Im learning about the compas now, and practicing rasguedo.
certainly a classical guitar will be fine to practice with. you will have a lot more sustain and the music might blur instead of having a short powerful attack like flamenco, but certainly many things will sound fine and you can practice your technique. i want to learn as well, but i am going to wait until i can get lessons because there is the added trouble of having to stop biting my fingernails, and i want to take it seriously.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
^ I have the same problem, so I rock acryllic nails. They never break, I am quite pleased. Some say you lose tone, but they are the stodgy, staunch conservative types.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
oh sweet, can u send me a link maybe to the specifi types of nails. i know nothing about fake nails lol.

i hope also that as i improve with those, i'll be inspired to stop biting my nails. i did stop for like 2 months after watching a paco de lucia video
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me