Should i sell my beloved Marshall MG15CDR so i can buy this??

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_blues_deluxe_reissue_40w_1x12_combo_amp?full_sku=103231874

And other question is that amp good for metal like Pantera?
My gear:
-No Brand Classical Guitar
-Squier Stratocaster Affinity Series
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!
Last edited by juan9122 at Mar 5, 2007,
Awww =( haha
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!
i think i sounded too n0000bish
but i dont know a lot about amps i always tought the MG were good amps
but recently i tried a Mesa Boogie Double Rectifier and i got in love with the tube amps
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!

Yeah man, go for it.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^whats the regular price of a Orange Rocker 30 Combo?

I live in Mexico and the best thing i can get here is a Peavey Valveking
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!
please no. Fender, well, fender amps are ok for acoustic and folk rock. But youd be better off sticking with the marshall if you're playing metal.
^_^
Quote by juan9122
^whats the regular price of a Orange Rocker 30 Combo?

I live in Mexico and the best thing i can get here is a Peavey Valveking

1350 USD wtihout tax when I got it.

But the fender is also a good choice.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Yea Fenders aren't heavy metal amps.

Try another brand. Unless you plan on getting your gain/distortion from a processor, then the Fender will work. It's not that the Fender will sound bad, it's just like trying to off-road will a Corvette, it's not that the Corvette is bad, it just wasn't designed for it.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
whats the best amp for metal in the 700 dls range?
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!
You can get a used tube amp from craigstlist, ebay, or from a pawn shop or something.

I've heard people crave over peavey 5150's.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Get a vox Valvetronix amp. It's not pure tube, but it sounds great, is very flexible and the 100 watt version is like $500. If you do buy it, pull out the electro harmonix tube in there and slap a mesa 12ax7 in there, baby! I have the 50 watt version, and whenever I play it, people ask me how much I paid for it, and when i tell them $350, they can't believe I didn't pay more. Like I said, though put a better tube in there like a Mesa or a Marshall to get true tube tone.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
^Honestly, it's a fun amp to swap things around for kicks, but for a serious amp it's pretty down there.
^^

if the TS is wanting a Pantera Tone then Pantera tone it is...

A Randall G3 would suit much more better than a Marshall and Fender in this
situation of Tonal carnage...

Quote by SG Man Forever
Get a vox Valvetronix amp. It's not pure tube, but it sounds great, is very flexible and the 100 watt version is like $500. If you do buy it, pull out the electro harmonix tube in there and slap a mesa 12ax7 in there, baby! I have the 50 watt version, and whenever I play it, people ask me how much I paid for it, and when i tell them $350, they can't believe I didn't pay more. Like I said, though put a better tube in there like a Mesa or a Marshall to get true tube tone.

Valvetronix are nice as far as modeling amps go but regardless of whether you have a Mesa, EH or whatever in there, an amp that has one 12AX7 in it is not going to give you "true tube tone".

Fender amps aren't known for their metal sounds but something like a Hot Rod Deluxe or Bassman paired with a good OD or distortion pedal is going to be much better tone-wise than nearly any modeling amp, especially in a live, full-band setting.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
With that Fender, you can get a metal tone, but not easily. You're going to need a lot of EQing and such.

Don't get the AVT. If there's a Marshall you could get, then get the DSL401. Check if you can get it around your range at eBay.
Sent from my iPad.
MG lol. NO it's not. Yup, get a DSL on eBay
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
the B-52 is an affordable low end tube amp. For its price, id say its alright. But theres certainly better for a bit more. But if youre looking to go tube, and playing metal with a low budget, the B-52 is an acceptable option.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by nephi
please no. Fender, well, fender amps are ok for acoustic and folk rock. But youd be better off sticking with the marshall if you're playing metal.

whoa whoa whoa
no

fenders a great for like blues and clean channel stuff

but you can do way better then marshall for metal
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
don't get the blues deluxe, youll be disappointed. i've got one and love it, bit it is a BLUES deluxe. the b52 and marshall be much better than what you've got