I love my MIM strat. Feels better than any other guitar i've played.
I want to upgrade it with some new pickups.

But it goes out of tune insanely fast when i use the tremolo.
Is there anything i can upgrade to fix this more make it better?

Thanks
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
I love my MIM strat. Feels better than any other guitar i've played.
I want to upgrade it with some new pickups.

But it goes out of tune insanely fast when i use the tremolo.
Is there anything i can upgrade to fix this more make it better?

Thanks

a locking nut or locking tuners can fix that, but those are a pain in the ass if you change tunings much
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Last edited by cerveza at Mar 5, 2007,
Quote by cerveza
a locking nut or locking tuners can fix that, but those are a pain in the ass if you change tunings much

Never heard of locking tuners before.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Locking tuners secure the string by screwing in a dial on the bottom of the machine head and tightening the string between the top and a small metal ball. You don't have to wind your strings this way, and can do a string change in a few seconds.

Also, if you are having tuning problems, try adding two springs to your trem to make it five, and it should stay in tune a LOT better.
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
Locking tuners secure the string by screwing in a dial on the bottom of the machine head and tightening the string between the top and a small metal ball. You don't have to wind your strings this way, and can do a string change in a few seconds.

Also, if you are having tuning problems, try adding two springs to your trem to make it five, and it should stay in tune a LOT better.

i advise against this if you're not going to go to higher guage strings. if you've still got .9's on there, stick with the 3 springs. adding springs will just complicate things and you'll have to readjust pretty much everything
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
Sir Shoelace is a sexy, sexy man.
Also, try lubing the nut with a bit of graphite(pencil lead). A more permanent solution is a graphite nut, and you may want to have a look at graphtech saddles, reduce breakage, and cut down on binding at the nut. If there's any play in your tuners, try tightening the screw on top, but not so much that it's almost impossible to turn them.
- Locking tuners
- graphite nut (NOT a locking nut)
- guitar lubricant: apply at nut, underneath the trem bridge, where the screws touch the body, and on the saddles. Lastly put some underneath the stringtrees on your headstock, so the strings can return to pitch better. You can use pencil lead, or buy Guitar Grease or Nut Sauce. I feel the store bought ones work better.
I second the locking tuners and graphite (preferably graphtech brand) nut.

DO NOT GET A LOCKING NUT.

You can't use one unless you have a fine tuner tailpiece like a floyd rose.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
adjust the springs to be like this:

/|\

that solved a bit of my problems.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.