Is this a good wah? I've searched for info regarding wah pedals, and Morley seems to be one of the better ones. I'm looking at the power wah because UG approves of Morley, and cause it's cheaper than most. I'd prefer input from people who actually own it or tried it out.

EDIT: I don't want to make a new thread, so I'll jsut ask here. Does anyone know how to make a 5150 footswitch? Thanks. And uhh...I might get a noise suppressor in the future. Is the NS2 any good? If not, why?
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
definetely try out the vox wahs before you buy one
what music are you gonna play?

and for the noise gate go with the isp decimator

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The reason I'm not going for the ISP is cause noone around sells one. I plan on playing almost everything. How much does the Vox cost? Thanks for the input.
Gear...
well theres the v847 which goes for 100USD - thats the one i have and i really like it...has that kinda vintage-y sound to it...its nice, fits my style perfectly

and then theres the clyde mccoy wah which has true bypass and an ac jack and a somewhat different sound and goes for 150USD

the v847 is going to be updated in april with true bypass and an ac jack so you should basically compare the sound and get whichever one you like best

and about the decimator...get it off the internet...maybe

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Oh boy...100 bucks eh? That's like 20 bucks more that the Morley power wah. Same with the decimator. Just not willing to spend that much.
Gear...
well
did you try it yet?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Nope. I don't think Sam Ash lets you try out pedals though...Not sure. I'll report back on the weekend. Thanks.
Gear...
I tried my brothers Tremonti power wah (which I'm sure is similar) and it was pretty good. More of a solo boost/enhancer than a full on wah though.
Quote by abcdboy
Nope. I don't think Sam Ash lets you try out pedals though...Not sure. I'll report back on the weekend. Thanks.

Sure they do, any music store should let you try out any piece of gear you want before you spend your money on it. I'd go and try out as many wahs as you can before buying. Definitely don't buy any piece of gear just because it's approved by UG'ers in any case.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
morley does make good wahs, but they're a compromise for anything other than metal. they shine for that, though.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I've found my Power Wah to be exactly what I need it for. If you want sweeping wah, then this isn't the pedal for you, the sweep on it is very poor and it basicly has two wah functions, two down and heel down, no grey area in between. But, as someone said above me it's brilliant for a solo boost when it's toe down, gives a very nice edge to solos.
...Sweeping wah? What's that?
Gear...
thats what a wah should sound like
it should go from bass=>mids=>treble

thats what the vox does

the morley appearandly only goes from bass=>treble

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Oh....Darn. I thought all wahs swept.
Gear...
they do, but the sweep is like

bassssssssssssssssss mids trebleeeeeeeeeeeeeee

you get the point.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Is the Morely Classic Wah sweeping? If so is it any good?
Gear...
Quote by tubab0y
they do, but the sweep is like

bassssssssssssssssss mids trebleeeeeeeeeeeeeee

you get the point.

yea but they should at least have mids

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

i just got a Jim Dunlop Zakk Wylde wah, and its freakin awesome, the treble isnt as shrill as others ived tried with a more vintage tone (hendrix signature wah, vox wahs) and the lows are super low, ...its 130 though,

i think the morley wah's are as cheap as youll find brand name wahs at,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Oh so a Morely classic will still be able to do like a gradual wah? I mean gradual wher it's kinda like stretched.
Gear...
i dont really know
because i've never felt the urge to try one
im pretty happy with my vox

you should go try it out yourself
people in here can give you some recommendations
but in the end its up to you and what you want

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

morley knows what they're doing. try the classic wah, and return it if you don't like it. it's that simple.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!