this will sound idiotic, but it should be fun.

i want to light my starter electric squier strat on fire, wondering what would happen. i'm aware of hte finishes, are they flammable?

has anyone ever done this? is it even worth it?
Everything's flamable with igniting fluid!!!

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
pink floyd did it I think... dunno if it sounded good tho...
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
u should light it on fire in the MIDDLE of the song and keep playing while its on fire. THAT would be badass...
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
I guess you mean like Tom Morello's budweiser or whatever the **** it was, orange LP? A Squier finish is like 3mm thick of paintand lacqer it's basically like a plastic shell. Idoubt anything good would happen. Your guitar will just mely a little ad probably look like shit. Try it though if you want. Video it and post it here if you do please!
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Video it and post it here if you do please!
I have to agree with that.
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
I think somebody awhile ago on UG made a fuzzy guitar with a flamethrower on it.

Do that instead .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
I think somebody awhile ago on UG made a fuzzy guitar with a flamethrower on it.

Do that instead .

ZZ top mixed with Kiss...
very nice
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
Quote by TheDev01dOne
I guess you mean like Tom Morello's budweiser or whatever the **** it was, orange LP? A Squier finish is like 3mm thick of paintand lacqer it's basically like a plastic shell. Idoubt anything good would happen. Your guitar will just mely a little ad probably look like shit. Try it though if you want. Video it and post it here if you do please!

DID...DID...DID...DID SOMEONE SAY ORA...

Ack, people are starting to hate me now . I guess I'll stop sayin g that, but anyway, when you play with your guitar on fire...you'll either end up going to the hospital or end up blowing up your guitar or playing out of tune.

I say throw it on the ground, light a match, and throw it on.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Allright, I've got a background in firetwirling, and some experience in how to get things flaming reasonably safely. I know of a few friends who've set shit on fire on stage, and been banned from venues as a result, mainly because they didn't tell the promoter beforehand, and had no idea what they were doing.

A guy who used to play in a band with my brother had his previous band barred from further gigs at the Annandale Hotel (big live venue, not somewhere you want to get banned from) because their drummer decided to play with burning sticks soaked in fuel. Lots of little splash fires around the stage and audience and they were told never to come back. The photo did make it into the paper though, so perhaps a worthy stunt. My cousin's band also got banned from a venue for burning stuff on stage, because they managed to spread it to the curtains, and then that was the end of their set.

If you're going to use fire safely in a display, it needs to be either proper pyrotechnic devices you know how to use, or safe fuel (citronella or Kerosine are my preferences) soaked into cotton or Kevlar wicking. You don't ignite the wicking itself (you try to avoid scorching it) but rather you ignite the gaseous fuel as it evaporates off the wicking. This is how come firetwirlers can use wooden shafts for their staves and have them last for months.

I've given some thought to how to get the flaming guitar happening, and my experiment is going to be attaching a tight roll of wicking to the back of the headstock. With about four feet of wicking, tightly rolled it should be able to soak up about half a dip jar of fluid, and give us a foot high flame.

As a rule, don't do anything with Shellite, metho or petrol, they are two volatile, petrol sparks very easily and metho is too light and doesn't stay on it's wicking, sprays everywhere.

Check out. http://www.homeofpoi.com/ if you want to learn more about burning stuff.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
before the show:

you should make a paste (powdered laundry detergent + petroleum distillate of your choice) and put it in a can

while on stage (preferably during encore):

dip the headstock in the can and ignite.

play a blistering solo until the pegs burnout and strings and tuning machines are hurled into the front rows eyes.

extinguish.

P.S. OBSERVE ALL FIR CODES AND GET PERMITS FROM FIRE MARSHALS PRIOR TO THE FLAMING EXTRAVAGANZA. I had two friends that died at The Station in RI when it burned down 2 years ago because Great White was not following fire codes.