I don't know where to put this and if this question's been asked, sorry if it did.

As you see in my sig, my gears are on the real low end. It's not really that much, but my strat's neck has been bugging me for quite a long time because it's kinda hard to play the E string.

My question is, can someone play fast, or shred, with this kind of neck/guitar? or is it just my lack of practice? or maybe both?
Gear
Fender Hotrod Deville 2x12
Fender MIM Strat | Epi Dot 335
Fulltone '69 mkii | Boss OD-1
'95 RAT2 | '78 IC Big Muff | DL4
Quote by zparticus
some of the best shredders play on fender strats...

Well, I don't know about real Fenders, I haven't played on one lol. But my guitar's neck is pretty uncomfortable for my hands. Do they make like thinner guitar necks on other brands or something?
Gear
it's possible to play well on a bad guitar, but a better guitar will make you want to play and practice more.
Quote by ZeroChan
Well, I don't know about real Fenders, I haven't played on one lol. But my guitar's neck is pretty uncomfortable for my hands. Do they make like thinner guitar necks on other brands or something?

Actually, yes. Ibanez RGs are pretty thin. Some jacksons are. depends on the brand
Does the $200 Jackson Dinky have a thinner neck than a strat? What's the way of telling?
Gear
You got me there. But I only go to guitar shops maybe once every 2 or 3 months. And some of the official guitar websites that I've checked doesn't have measurements for their necks.
Gear
Quote by ZeroChan
Does the $200 Jackson Dinky have a thinner neck than a strat? What's the way of telling?

Basically the guy above me got it. Ya just gotta go try it and then see.
For me the dinky is a little thinner than a strat. Schecter maybe a little fatter.
it varies.
My fender's neck is not the skinniest ive seen, but im 14 and it fits my hand shape perfectly, also it is incredibly smooth and plays fast. When buying my guitar they were telling me to buy a squire they had since I was just starting guitar again and it was my first electric guitar. However, after realising quiality differecnes in that and my friends squire, I got my fender. The squire necks have not much finish on the back of them. Play a fenders neck and you will see that it feels alot more quality and feels great in your hands. The problem is not in your type of guitar, its in the fact that its a squire.

Also, does it have a humbucker? Mne only has single coils so ive been waning to replace a part with a humbucker. If your strat is of good quality, the only thing you wont like about the guitar is that it has no humbucker, otherwise the strat is probably one of the most comfortable and nice guitars out there.

Anyways, I noticed yours is a copy, so you may still want another guitar anyways. The best thing you can do is try several models for shape and size and choose which one you like the best. When I got my guitar the plac eI was at was a fender authorised dealer and couldnt sell gibsons or epiphones, but they had a nice ibanez there that one of the workers had the same size and shape as is les paul. I like the les paul, but dont like how it felt, so also consider body and neck feeling when getting a new guitar.
My setup specs:

Guitars: Fender 50's stratocaster
Old jr accoustic crap guitar.

Amp: Roland cube 20x (Going to probably be traded in for a blues jr soon though.)

Effects: Dunlop gcb-95 wah
Boss dd-6 delay
Last edited by 50's strat at Mar 6, 2007,
I have a Squire strat...so yeah...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Okay well, your guitar can't necessarily hold you back, unless it is basically unplayable. It can delay progress in getting better but at the same time it can be good for you. If you work harder to overcome the obstacle of a guitar that's a bit difficult to play with, your fingers, wrist, brain, etc will end up stronger because of it.
Mine doesn't really but I really don't like my guitar's neck.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I would recommend much pracising in order to get used to your guitar.Don't forget that you will get the maximu out of your guitar when you adjust it on your playing style.(neck rodge,etc)Don't do that if you don't have much experience though