So I was watching 24 tonight (god knows why... i don't even like it that much ... anyway) and at one point they say the number for CTU. (the Counter Terrorism Unit or whatever)

It wasn't a 555 number, so i called it.

What I got was what sounded like a voicemail machine in Spanish. I know some spanish, and it was pretty simple, something to the effect of "the number you have dialed isn't available, please try again later."

What was wierd about it, you know the way some voicemail machines answer it with the pre-recorded voice-over, and then play a recording of the owner saying their own name, and then go back to the recorded message, like "the person you called -- STEVE BROWN -- is not available."

It did that, and the name they gave was something hard to distinguish about "jsjdh 24." (in english)

So quick re-hash, I call the number from the show, i get an answering machine, in spanish, saying something
about 24.

wha???
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Quote by iforgot539

So quick re-hash, I call the number from the show, i get an answering machine, in spanish, saying something
about 24.

wha???

probalbly saying its not CTU, and ive been wantting to call that nimber for a while
Quote by iforgot539
So I was watching 24 tonight (god knows why... i don't even like it that much ... anyway) and at one point they say the number for CTU. (the Counter Terrorism Unit or whatever)

It wasn't a 555 number, so i called it.

What I got was what sounded like a voicemail machine in Spanish. I know some spanish, and it was pretty simple, something to the effect of "the number you have dialed isn't available, please try again later."

What was wierd about it, you know the way some voicemail machines answer it with the pre-recorded voice-over, and then play a recording of the owner saying their own name, and then go back to the recorded message, like "the person you called -- STEVE BROWN -- is not available."

It did that, and the name they gave was something hard to distinguish about "jsjdh 24." (in english)

about 24.

wha???

And the waiting for the 9999 $ phone bill begins!
Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!
In the rays of the sun I'am longing for the darkness
Funny Canadians : Brandon860, Bodom & Scourge
Leader of the I boobs club
I understood the spanish well enough to recognize it as just a simple answering machine message...

And why is it in spanish? It's an LA area code.

Quote by Bodom
And the waiting for the 9999 $ phone bill begins!

lol. I checked it beforehand... it's just a regular number... i hope...
Quote by Roger_Waters

fuck that police!
well whats the number? lemme try LEMME TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by hippieboy444
[T]ANK I hate your sig

Quote by Napalmdeth

I'm the baby! Gotta love me!
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by Napalmdeth

W000OOO0O0OO0O0o0o0o0o0o00T!!!!!!!!
Quote by hippieboy444
[T]ANK I hate your sig

Hmm...

yay for Wikipedia....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_%28TV_series%29#Fan_Phone

why spanish!

And still an interesting story to tell UG about.

In Days 4,5, and 6, the Fan Phone number is 310-597-3781. The phone number to this day still works. Callers are directed to a Nextel voicemail box if no one answers. The voicemail states:
Quote by Roger_Waters

fuck that police!
Yeah they used to have actors and people on the set answering it but now I think it's just crap. Search wikipedia for 24 im pretty sure i read something about it there.

Edit:
Whoops sorry I didn't see your post^
Quote by Napalmdeth

****, what was the name of that show? i used to watch it with my dad all the time!
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick