Long story short, My frets below the third are being fretted out on the third string, and when i adjust it so that is prevented, the action is frickin' outrageously high. I think it could be the fret, or also considering the fret. If it's the fret, I'm taking it to a pro, but if it's the nut, I could try to replace it.

Hypothetically, how would i fix the fret, which I'm almost positive is the problem? I put .10s on, and it had been set up for .09s. Also, I'm a dumbass and somehow managed to tune it to A (tuning UPWARDS) would that be the source of a problem? would i hammer it in, or need to buy a fret file.

Thx for looking, I'd like to save some money (even though i can get a great deal on this with my local tech.)
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
I put .10s on, and it had been set up for .09s.

That sounds like a big part of your problem. It's amazing what a few millimeters can do. If you like your tens, just get a new nut. Otherwise, put nines back on and see if that solves your problem.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
Bump, this is a serious question. Please help out.
My Blog

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
First, get the guitar tuned to E or I personally like to tune to Eb.

Then check the neck up-bow by sighting the neck from nut to the last fret.

You only want a small amount of up-bow or if possible make it straight if there's no buzzing on any frets by adjusting the truss rod. Tighten to straighten an up-bow and loosen to straighten a back-bow.

If there's still buzzing check the frets for pitting marks, if you can see'm the frets need to be replaced. If they look smooth with no wear then you might need a new nut.
Quote by woodenbandman
Bump, this is a serious question. Please help out.

Uh... is my post invisible on your computer or something?

Also, I suggest not screwing with the truss rod unless you really know what you're doing, as you can almost ruin your guitar.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
Wow, I got the same problem. I just loosened the neck and it helped... I did replace the nut too, but it didn't really help though. My old nut sucked anyways, no loss =D
Quote by hoobariffer87
Uh... is my post invisible on your computer or something?

Also, I suggest not screwing with the truss rod unless you really know what you're doing, as you can almost ruin your guitar.

Too late, but I've messed with them before. I know about how it can break the neck, but i don't see that happening. I did see your post, Just want some more input. Not like I don't trust your idea:: it sounds great, But I just need to know.
My Blog