well i play a schecter c7 blackjack. 7 strings and a 26.5 scale
now ive heard to tune to a high A you either need a shorter scale or a very thin string like a 4 or 5, trouble is i cant find any on the internet, does anyone else know where to look?
instaed of tuning B E A D G BE
i wanna tune E A D G B E A

i need a thin string because my guitar has a longer scale
why are you doing that. im pretty sure there arent strings that thin. your best bet is by a couple packs of strings and pick out the gauges you want.
Wow I have never heard of this so I honestly don't know. You might want to consider how high that A string would actually be though. I really don't see any point in it but I don't know what you are wanting to do so I really can't say. Sorry I can't help. Good Luck.
i want to add a high A over my high E

i think it will help making some awkward jazz voicings i encounter, and id like the extened upper range

i really dont get whats not to understand
I think maybe you should just tune to open E and put a Capo on the 5th Fret to get open A....but I can't really tell what you are looking to do....

What is "high A" anyway?
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Quote by avalanche930
why are you doing that. im pretty sure there arent strings that thin. your best bet is by a couple packs of strings and pick out the gauges you want.

i know there are, but i need something smaller than an 8, this bass guy had an 11 string (cant remember his name) bass that had a string as thick as human hair. i just need to find where to get em
Use a banjo string. This is what the first 7 strings were designed for... maybe you could email ibanez or something?
Quote by LEPIV
I think maybe you should just tune to open E and put a Capo on the 5th Fret to get open A....but I can't really tell what you are looking to do....

What is "high A" anyway?

that wont extend my upper range, "high A" five half (or frets) steps above your open E
are you een going to be able to hear that. thats going to be so quiet cmpared to the other strings
Rusty Cooley does it on his 8 string Conklin. He has a low B and a high a. I believe he uses an 8 gauge string for the high a. Good luck man!

yeah but i also believe he has the fanned fret shoreter scale on top, ive tried 3 times to tune high A with an 8 but they all broke
Okay, so I saw your reply.....I still think a capo is the way to go....

Just tune the rest of the strings down and capo at the 5th fret....should be what your looking for
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Quote by LEPIV

Just tune the rest of the strings down and capo at the 5th fret....should be what your looking for

He doesn't want an open tuning though...

He wants EADGbea instead of BEADGbe.
Quote by LEPIV

that will not extend my upper range, thats not what i want, its different