I recently got a couple of free pre-amp tubes from a friend at the local GC to replace a faulty one that came with me Valveking.

They're pretty much plain tubes except for some white lettering marking it "12AT7 China"

I was just wondering how good are they and what sort of sounds they work best with.

Any help given would be great
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Do you have red hair? Because my name is also alex and i have red hair.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
They could be pretty much anything. They are Chinese though, which means they often won't be high quality, but that doesn't immediately mean they are bad.
Quote by Cocnut Rag
Do you have red hair? Because my name is also alex and i have red hair.

noo?

I guess "The Red" is symbollic for passion or something...

I don't really care I just always thought it sounded cool so I use it.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Well he gave you the wrong kind of preamp tubes first off. 12AT7's are a low gain low noise tube usually used in reverb circuits and phase inverters. You shouldn't use them in your gain stages, not because they'll hurt anything but just because of sound and tone quality.

If there chinese they are probaby shuagangs, which are actually pretty good tubes. Usually they are rebranded by ruby tubes though so I'm not sure. What did the box say that it came in?
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals