Looking to try out some new cables. Looking for recommendations on some good ones. Thanks.
how much you willing to spend?
www.lavacable.com has good higher end stuff.
planet waves are good too.
i suggest not getting monster because you can get better cables for the same price.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I was looking to get something good but not extremely expensive. Something around 20-40 dollars. I was thinking about these cables. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Instrument-Cable?sku=332200

But I've never used DiMarzio cables before so don't know if they're any good. I've used monsters for the past few years that I've played and they seem to always mess up on me. So I figured its time to try something new.
Planet Waves.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by mr_hankey
Their prices are downright ridiculous; 330 dollars for a 2x12 cab, with nothing in or on it.

Ya ridiculously good haha. the build quality on those cabs are fantastic. Plus, you can custom design them so they match the amp head. if I ever needed another cab I'd prob order an earcandy 2x12 over any amp manufacturers 4x12.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
i dont think guitar cables make a big enough difference to justify paying 30-50 bucks for a "good' one. i have two dimarzio guitar cables but only because they came free with the pickups.
Quote by matthart07q
I was looking to get something good but not extremely expensive. Something around 20-40 dollars. I was thinking about these cables. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Instrument-Cable?sku=332200

But I've never used DiMarzio cables before so don't know if they're any good. I've used monsters for the past few years that I've played and they seem to always mess up on me. So I figured its time to try something new.

I use Dimarzio cables all the time. I only recently purchased a Planet Waves cable as a back up but I prefer the Dimarzios. They are tougher and sound just fine imo. I am starting to get into building cables after a quick talk with Courd and I am experimenting on some different versions I am making.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Planet Waves classic cables are great! I have a 20ft angled one for my set up and its guaranteed for life and its very flexable, most cables at that price are stiff and are more prone to start crackling etc.

There are the higher range but they seem a bit pointless to me, they are very good through. They are would in some way and get rid of some wierd interfearence. Its all on there site so i wont explain though ^^ ( i cant really remember tbh).
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
anything around the thirty dollar (USD) range will be very good.

The cheaper ones crackle and get twisted easily, but don't pay 60 for a monster cable.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Planet Waves are good, monster cables are good too but expensive.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Ah. I also have a quick question. (sorry threadstater, but you've gotten a lot of suggestions ). I purchased some Planet Waves cables, and it seems as though the wires on the inside a twisted. Is that normal? Because if it's not, I don't want to have paid forty dollars for a patch cord, and have it all twisted on the inside.

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by kanamvar32
Ya ridiculously good haha. the build quality on those cabs are fantastic. Plus, you can custom design them so they match the amp head. if I ever needed another cab I'd prob order an earcandy 2x12 over any amp manufacturers 4x12.

It doesn't matter how good the build quality is; those prices are still way too high.
planet waves and monster.
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
Well, I use Laboga Way of Sound cables. Handmade by a Polish company. Not too expensive, but man, are they awesome. Never borked up on me.

Edit: unless you live in Poland (like me) you can have some trouble getting them, tho.
Quote by OsirisProtocol
How do you mean twisted? It might be coiled around the main cable.

Like, if you run your finger down the black outside, you can feel the wires inside are twisted in a spiral. It causes my cords to twist up when they're on the ground.

Quote by RadioHead22
If you got a Good cable..... ie probably between $50 and $100.... then they Should be "twisted" in the middle. It's the 3 carrying wire compnents "braided" together. Any guitar cable is going to twist up in the remaining slack. A way to help both stepping on them and getting the twisted up is to feed the cable up through the back of your guitar and out the strap/peg area around back and plug into your guitar. Basically "looping" around your Strap Peg.

and GOOD guitar cables..... although overpriced to an extent.....IE.... George L, Monster Pro-Link. Do make a difference if you are running top notch gear with them. Especially if you're playing in a band or gigging. BEDROOM and BASEMENT volumes don't expose a majority of the Wekaness when it comes to Budget Gear. But get on stage with 6 or 7 pedals.... cranked tube amp..... and mic up on a PA and you'll hear everything including the noise, pops, ect./ ect.

In other words.... if you got a crap guitar, crap amp, crap pedals, or crap anything..... it's not worth the money. But if you're running high-output gear, custom pedals..... then it's important.

The higher end cables are better sheilded..... and also transfer signal faster and more naturally. Litterally gets the signal to the amp faster.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
apparently my spelling/typing is a weakness. damn school so long ago.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
yeah, my dimarzio cables i got for free with my pickups ($32 value for cables) seem to get twisted a lot. i have to straighten them out every once in a while.
Quote by greendayguitar
Like, if you run your finger down the black outside, you can feel the wires inside are twisted in a spiral. It causes my cords to twist up when they're on the ground.

well, cables are braided on the inside. But if the cable won't lay correctly it means that it is "twisted" within the insulation.

This happens when you don't wrap up your cables when you're done with them, or when you don't wrap them correctly.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
well, cables are braided on the inside. But if the cable won't lay correctly it means that it is "twisted" within the insulation.

This happens when you don't wrap up your cables when you're done with them, or when you don't wrap them correctly.

I'm not sure. I have to check. They may just twist up when I lay them down ebcause when I play with my band, I'm not too far from my amp, so it' all close together.

I always wrap them up the "right" way, looping it. Not around the arm type thing.

Quote by RadioHead22
No one's mentioned Proel cables yet. I'm pretty happy with mine, very sturdy and good quality. Plus, it's bright green so it doesn't get mixed up with other people's cables on stage.
DiMarzio tweed covered cables are what i use.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by mr_hankey
It doesn't matter how good the build quality is; those prices are still way too high.

I will probably be flamed for this, but they make the best cabs on the planet ATM. I'd say it's between them and Vader.