A classmate of mine thought about buying my Fender Blues Deluxe, but after a test drive, she's realized it's too loud for her band. Deafening at 3. We saw a Blues Junior online, anyone know if it has decent headroom for cleans? Cleans are pretty important. Decent enough for medium, open air gigs? (maybe, 100-150 people, I'd be glad to mic it if it gets any higher) Generally, at my gigs, I used to use a 100W SS fender amp. Would the Fender BJ be good enough for her?
If its too loud, why not get a attentuer (sp?) if she is set on that tone...im not sure about the junior.

But im abit surprised at it being too loud for a band?
Quote by Hakanku
But I'm a bit surprised at it being too loud for a band?

I was thinking that, maybe its because the other instruments need to be louder too?
You should never compensate on the amp just because its too loud. Get an attenuator.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
If cleans are important, you want an amp with a lot of headroom. I would've thought the Bles Deluxe would be great for that. Can't you just turn down the volume a bit?

The Blues Junior won't have enough headroom for what you want.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Can't she turn the volume down?

I mean, there's no need for her cranking it.
Sent from my iPad.
The louder the amp is, the more headroom is has, because its gonna have more watts.

Buying a smaller amp will just cause it to break up faster, exactly what you don't want.

If you are wanting to play clean just turn the amp down. I don't get whats wrong.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Replace the volume pot with an audio taper pot instead of a linear taper pot and the volume increase will be much more gradual (sp?).
^ but she could kill herself if she touches the caps, and it won't break up right.

PLus, it will be confusing as hell.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by thebrewfan
Replace the volume pot with an audio taper pot instead of a linear taper pot and the volume increase will be much more gradual (sp?).

Yeah that was what i was gonna say.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The Blues Jr breaks up at around 4 on the master volume and 4 on the volume (on mine that is). So it's not completely clean at that volume, it's loud enough for band practicing then though.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I think a pot change is the way to go I can have a tech do it for cheap at the college nearby. the Blues deluxe volume controls are waaay touchy. at 1 it's not loud enough, at 2 it's way too loud for practice. wither a pot change or an attenuator may give me more control.
A pot change might work for the volume tweaking, but it'll still be too loud in general and won't get much power amp OD till high volumes.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
A pot change might work for the volume tweaking, but it'll still be too loud in general and won't get much power amp OD till high volumes.

Then you buy a tubescreamer.
Quote by thebrewfan
Then you buy a tubescreamer.

And it'll still be loud.
Well technically it will still be as loud, but actually an audio pot will make difference, this is what happened to my Plexi, first i had a linear pot and i didn't do much, but when i changed it to an audio taper it would work normally.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by mr_hankey
And it'll still be loud.

no it won't you're just dumb...

If they get a tubescreamer they can turn the gain up on the tubescreamer and turn the volume down on the amp
Won't sound the same.
Don't be afraid to care"

get a Vox AC30....problem solved.

a lot of you idiots clearly didnt read the first post,the amp isnt bought yet.
the Vox will be quieter than the Blues Deluxe.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX