i play a lot of red hot chili peppers,muse,incubus and i was wondering what's the best guitar i could get for 400$ or less. I dont have the luxury of testing it first since im only ordering it. Thanks guys.
eurgh, no testing is a bit of a gamble.

go to your local gweetar store and try a few out, it'll give you some taste of them.

though judging by your tastes, models like strats, teles or les pauls should be fine.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Fender Standard Strat or Fat Strat. You'll be able to find them any shop, unless you're in the middle of nowhere.
HSS Strat aka Fat strat
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

thanks guys! that helped a lot. at first i was doubting a mexican made strat. but not so much now.
wait im kinda a noob here. what's the difference between maple and rosewood?
in noob terms maple is like blonde wood.... rosewood is dark

maple has a brighter sound
go with maple!!!

ill tell you....i presume you are talking about the fretboard yeah?
well maple is a pale yellow looking wood on fretboards and rosewood is a brown colour.

maple gives the sound a brighter edge whereas rosewood gives a warmer sound.

the tonal aspects dont mean much regards fretboards in this case so just pick whichever you think looks better.........which would be maple
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

how's about a Fender Deluxe Player's Strat...I'm just kinda wondering about them?
Quote by obliviousfire
strats are way too overused

Ummm maybe that means they are good Guitar

(underbreath) DUH
My Guitars:
Epiphone Prophecy LP GX
(Scenic Painted) American Project Strat
LTD M-10

My Amps:
Peavey XXL
Peavey 5150
Marshall 1960a 410

SELLING 360 $200USD obo
I think not being able to pick out your own MIM strat is a problem. There are a lot of duds and you might have to send the guitar back if it's a crappy one.

Just to post something different (and in my opinion superior to a standard strat):

Godin Radiator
Godin SD
Far better build quality than MIM Fenders (Godins are built in Canada).

You should definitely consider them.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by obliviousfire
strats are way too overused

That's because they're the most versatile guitars on the market. I'm guessing you play a BC Rich to be different and kvlt?
Dickless.
PRS SE custom or
PRS Tremonti SE-i hate the guy and his music but that guitar is so dam nice...
I still didnt play his real PRS thought..