Hope this is the right forum; doesn't quite fit in "musician talk". Anywho, it's 48-58 degrees in my house at all times, been this way since ~October. Lately, I've found my hands are practically frozen. My dexterity has gotten so bad I struggle to type, play guitar, and otherwise do things. I often sit on my hands to warm them up, but I have to stop when pain derived from lack of circulation makes this uncomfortable, and it strains some tendons slightly. Anywho, this is getting out of hand. For whatever reason, it affects my right (picking) hand much worse, so much so that I can barely type with it right now. It feels "slow", it's cold, sore, and it is a struggle to move my digits. It feels as though the muscles and tendons are tight, though that's hardly an appropiate description. I like "slow". I cannot pick worth a damn right now. At times, this issue isn't so bad, but right now I can't even play a decent lick.

As a side note, I wore a ring of unknown (silver?) composition for about a year and a half until I had to pry it off due to rather unsightly and disturbing swelling of that finger and the pinky on my right hand around December. Before this, I injured my ring finger in a fight, and x-rays showed that I "tore" something. My doctor did not make it out as being a big deal, but I've had pain and swelling from time to time since the incident, the catalyst unknown to me. Yep.

Anyone have a similar issue? Is it something associated with constant exposure to cold? I normally wear my jacket the house is so ****ing cold.. we can't afford heating Anywho, this is becoming increasingly concerning as it affects my playing greatly, and it's incredibly frustrating. If anyone has any similar experiences to share, DO TELL! I'd rather sweat constantly in the summer than freeze in the winter... this is intolerable! Honestly. This hand issue is worrying me. Cheers.

Also, anyone have any tips on increasing hand dexterity? Thanks again.
trust me man.. you want the cold.. atleast your hands dont sweat and ruin your strings..

on another note, try soaking your hands in some hot water (not so hot you end up burning yourself) every night, maybe in the morning too..

it helps the blood flow in your hands and loosens up everything, i get numb feeling sometimes in the morning, but it just usually takes some strecthes, warm ups, and a nice warm bath to get things going in my hands.

on yet another note, do you crack your knuckles? some may say that you shouldnt do it, and some argue that its good for you. I do it all the time, it loosens the joints in my hands and makes it all good after.

besides that, i think the hot water should work wonders for you. Good luck tho..

Chris,
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Quote by xtopher_aaron
trust me man.. you want the cold.. atleast your hands dont sweat and ruin your strings..

on another note, try soaking your hands in some hot water (not so hot you end up burning yourself) every night, maybe in the morning too..

it helps the blood flow in your hands and loosens up everything, i get numb feeling sometimes in the morning, but it just usually takes some strecthes, warm ups, and a nice warm bath to get things going in my hands.

on yet another note, do you crack your knuckles? some may say that you shouldnt do it, and some argue that its good for you. I do it all the time, it loosens the joints in my hands and makes it all good after.

besides that, i think the hot water should work wonders for you. Good luck tho..

Chris,

That was a pretty good post, Chris! Danke.
I really wanna suggest jacking off. Reeaaalllyyy badddd.
It does warm you up though.
Wear more clothes, and if that doesn't work, you should see a doctor.
Peace.
Quote by crazygluedmybut
I really wanna suggest jacking off. Reeaaalllyyy badddd.
It does warm you up though.
Wear more clothes, and if that doesn't work, you should see a doctor.

My warm penis certainly has warmed up my hands in the past... yes, masturbating is an excellent hand warmer. Good advice... unfortunately, I can't masturbate numerous times each day, which would be required for a tangible difference.