Im looking for a guitar that can give me a death/heavy/hardcore etc metal sound. I think i should be looking at esps but do jacksons have heavy sounds as well ? Recommend a couple of models if possible with trem thx I want it to be an intermediate guitar good sound Also for the sound i want i was recommended to get a new amp to acheive that sound any suggestions?
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Jackson DK2M(Coming Soon)
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Digitech Rp100 Effects Pedal
you may laugh at me at first. Jackson are bad ass. alot of metal bands use them. Children of bodom swore by them until ESP said ok we will shit out as many custom guitars for you as you need whenever you need however you need. uhmm. but this is where you may laugh. Ibanez. Ibanez is making some bad ass metal guitars. Ibanez and Dimarzio are teaming up to make the Xiphos. Necrophagist's Muhammad Sucmez loves it. swares by it. as well Between The Buried and me is also a Ibanez user. So yeah. Ibanez Xiphos. Its 24 frets 2 Dimarzio humbuckers, solid neck through body, mahogony body, maple neck. or almost any Jackson or alot of newer ESPs are metal as shit too. if you have a lower budget then BC Rich or Dean. but yeah. : P
GUITARS
G&L Legacy w/ 2 seymore duncan pickups
Peavey Tracer (24 fret) with floyde rose tremelo
Dean Evo
Harmony Strat Style
Fender DG7
Yamaha PJ Bass

AMPS
Marshall Half
Ibanez TB100R
Khoner Vox Amp

FX
Banshee Talkbox
PodXT Live
i dunno. im sellin my G&L to get a Ibanez Xiphos. its like the perfect guitar. floating tremelo bridge, 24 frets, neck through body, dimarzio pickups all in one bad ass package. its light, its fast, its metal.
GUITARS
Dean Evo
Harmony Strat Style
Fender DG7
Yamaha PJ Bass

AMPS
Marshall Half
Ibanez TB100R
Khoner Vox Amp

FX
Banshee Talkbox
PodXT Live
sorry to double post. look here
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/featured/X.aspx

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=XPT700
the Xiphos

Neck: 5pc Wizard II thru-neck
NeckType: Wizard II (neck-thru)
Body: Mahogany body
Frets: Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Inlay: Reverse Sharktooth
Bridge: Edge III bridge
NeckPU: DiMarzio® D Activator™ neck pu
MiddlePU: DiMarzio® D Activator™ bridge pu

heres ibanez artists
http://www.ibanez.com/artists/

psyopus
shadows fall
btbam
necrophagist
ion dissonance
bleeding through
all that remains
cky
meshugga
dragonforce
sonata arctica
unearth
into the moat
many more....
GUITARS
Dean Evo
Harmony Strat Style
Fender DG7
Yamaha PJ Bass

AMPS
Marshall Half
Ibanez TB100R
Khoner Vox Amp

FX
Banshee Talkbox
PodXT Live
Quote by thelosersinc
i dunno. im sellin my G&L to get a Ibanez Xiphos. its like the perfect guitar. floating tremelo bridge, 24 frets, neck through body, dimarzio pickups all in one bad ass package. its light, its fast, its metal.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it's got an Edge III trem I think, which I are not so good. Also not sure how those Dimarzio pickups sound. (Is it Detonators yeah?)
ESP all the way, depending on what style of body you want, the Deluxe 1000 Series are amazing guitars. I have the EC-1000 with dual emg 81 actives in it and it is amazing the tone you get out of it. But you can get any ESP, but definately get active EMG's it helps big time.
~Metal Up Your @$$~ \m/
If your going to be playing Death, switch to a 7 string. Its easier and you dont have to drop so low, I use a Ibanez RG 4EX1 and its great with all deathmetal/Deathcore I do. Its a floating trem so if you never used one, you have to take it to be set up for lower tunings.
Ibanez s series FTW......
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
http://www.haloguitars.com/gvk6.html nuff said My mate just got one of these and you can get a perfect meshuggah sort of sound out of it.
Quote by deanodon
you know your a man when youve asked your gran for nude pics

Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.

"One does not simply sweep A major 7!"
Quote by Bloodshed
Ibanez s series FTW......

+2

take out the inf and add Dimarzio Evo bridge/Dimarzio PAF Joe neck

100% win
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Quote by thelosersinc
you may laugh at me at first. Jackson are bad ass. alot of metal bands use them. Children of bodom swore by them until ESP said ok we will shit out as many custom guitars for you as you need whenever you need however you need.

COB used Jackson until Alexi's guitars got stolen, or something like that, and Jackson couldn't make him new custom guitars for 3 months so ESP said they'd make then now and he switched to ESP. I am a huge Jackson fan but for Hardcore/death metal I don't think that they'd do so well. I'd get an ESP MH-1000 or a Schecter Hellraiser.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
I dont really mind the shape i usually like to go for plain but i like to have upper frett access so no bc rich type styles. that ibanez xiphos looks like a jackson warrior and has gd upper fret access. Do emg's give out that death metal sound sry if its a stupid question but i know it gives a heavy metal sound but dont know how far it can go
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
MMMM.....If you like esp, stick with them. BUT! Jackson guitars have the best action and metal sound for the money. Get yourself a Jackson DKM2. It has a maple neck that is quicker than anything else on the planet and SD's so you can pull off any metal sound. Here check it out..........
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2M-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=517588
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Death, Heavy metal i suggest DIME RAZORBACK is costs like hell but hell yah its worth it trust me on this 1.The Dimebucker Bridge pickup SCREAMS like nuts its like every note is a pinched harmonic.

Gear
--------------
Ibanez 2550E
Ibanez RGT6EXFX Limited Edition
Dean DIMERAZORBACK
Laney 400W speaker (aint that great but does the trick)
Peavey 6505+ Head
Laney HMC30R 30W amp (Only used for small stages)

Effects
------------
Zoom G7.1ut Multi Effects Console (Only used on small stage use)
Ibanez RG series or Ibanez S series
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
dude those ibanez are just plain nasty. if you like the looks get a Jackson WRMG....at least thats not a knock off...
The jackson Dk2m looks like it could do the job im avoiding ESP cause they are quite pricy especially that mh1000...I had previously checked on an ibanez s470 what do u guys think about it?
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Quote by Sonicheros
I say a DV8-R, put some EMG 81's on it and it'll be a kickass guitar

Or just get an LTD V-500. They're the repackaged DV8R, the same guitar but with EMG's instead of Duncans.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
if u got some serious cash, 2Gs plus maybe, id go for the jackson rr1. i have the rr3 n its pretty kick ass too, but i played an rr1 and the thing is a ****in monster man.