I believe the Stooges new album, "The Weirdness" hits stores today!

It's currently like 9:00am where I live. A snow day.

I've got a cup full of change that I was planing on spending on a CD, so why not this?!

I hope it's as good as the New York Dolls reunion album was!

Who's buying it?
It was out in the U.K. yesterday.
On the first listen i found it dissapointing - not had the chance to listen to it again yet.
Wasn't expecting another Raw Power, but thought it would be better than it is.
"The Sex Pistols would be vastly improved by sudden death, they are the antithesis of human kind. I would like to see someone dig a huge hole and bury the lot of them in it" Bernard Brook Partridge: London Councilor, 1977
Well, I bought it and listened to it and I must say I like!

Raw Power era stooges it ain't. Which suits me just fine.

The lyrics are immature, poorly thought out, and thouroughly charming, and Ron and Scott make a delcious din that is as noisy as it is energetic.

Plus it's nice to hear Steve MacKay's sax again.

Choice Cuts: Trollin', My Idea of Fun, She Took my Money, Mexican Guy, Passing Cloud, I'm Fried.
how's Mike Watt's Bass playin on it, i heard he only plays eighth notes, which isn't very mike watt-y but this is The Stooges thing, not his

Quote by Doolittle
how's Mike Watt's Bass playin on it, i heard he only plays eighth notes, which isn't very mike watt-y but this is The Stooges thing, not his

He stays out of the way.

I actually could've used more from him. One of the things I always like about the Stooges was their huge, devastaing, rhythm section.

Which isn't to say The Weirdness isn't destructive, Scott certainly brings the thunder, and I wasn' really listening to the bass intently. Maybe I'll catch some more on the second listen.
the only stooges album i've heard is there first. and i must say I LIKE IT.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
spread the wealth iluvpowerchords...

Quote by Mav-16
the only stooges album i've heard is there first. and i must say I LIKE IT.

the first one was good, but kind of...druggy...fun house was the best imo...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I've heard the song that's on the MySpace page and it's really good. Looking forward to getting the album.
Quote by indestructible8
so is the general consensus saying buy this or not, i dont want to be disappointed.

Go to your local FYE or Sam Goody (or chain music store) and listen to the little samples on the headphones and consoles. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, don't. Judge for yourself. JEEZ.
i'm downloading it now, i found if off a torrent; which it was fast they put it up...so i will know how good it is in minutes here
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

love this cd...lyrics suck...but hey....it's iggy!
Quote by BrianApocalypse

The music is pretty good but the lyrics are kinda weird, Iggy talking about his dick turning into a tree when he's nearly 60 is just kind of... unnecessary.
I was gonna pick this up yesterday, but I didn't get the chance to. One of these days though...how's the production on it? I hope it's better than on their other stuff..