So I posted before about all the gear I had and what I could do to improve it. The suggestions were to sell it all and start over.

I got defensive and angry.

Then I went to guitar center and actuallyl tried a tube amp.

Needless to say that you guys were right.

I have sold my line 6 spider II head and I am now selling my crate head as well.

I would like some advice on a good tube head that costs less than 600 USD$

I was looking at the valve king by peavy and I also found a Huges and Kettner Attax 200.

Any advice?
i love peavey but the valve king is not very good. i don't know what kind of music you play but you can get a used a used 5150 or XXX head or combo for arond 600, also try any any used peavey tube amp they have. the older ultras, triumphs, and bravos are awesome and have great OD.
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie mark III simul head (purple stripe)
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
all tube peavey bravo 112
Well what kind of music do you play? What's your current gear? Are you able to go a little higher that $600 or is it the highest limit?

Personally, I greatly dislike the ValveKing. The guitarist in my band has one, and it sounds terrible. Maybe because we're using it for hard rock, but it sounds terrible for it. Go to your shop, and try out a bunch of different heads in your price range, then make you decision.

But I'm sure the lovely amp \/\/hores of UG will give you outstanding advice as to what amp to look at
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
also check ebay, craigslist, and harmony-central classifieds
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
Ok,

Currently I have a crate powerblock that will be sold soon. I have a marshall mg412 cabinet. Boss Super Overdrive 1 and a fender pedal tuner. I need punk rock distortion and a clean that is suitable for ska style upstrokes.
a peavey ultra60 or 120 would be perfect for you. the ultras are older versions of the XXX.
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)