Hi,

Is this amp good for metal, and hard rock, I wants a good clean tones for blues as well, but even with a pedal is thais amp a waste of time?

Or would I be better with a DSL 401 for a little bit more?
Hmm, I say Dsl if you want a decent modern metal tone, because the laney doesnt go metal. But it is good for rock/blues!
does nobody else have any experience of these? I saw a video on youtube of a guy playing on and it sounded pretty decent for metal
I've got one and I would agree with what False_god said: the cleans are great and it's great for a vintage sounding rock/blues sound (think The Rolling Stones) but even with pedals I wouldn't really say it was that good for Metal. Actually there's a guy playing metal using an MT-2 with one in the first video that makes it sound good:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lc30
Last edited by Mr Songwriter at Mar 7, 2007,
i'd rather have a vc30 for laney... though it probably has less gain. but it sounds better, IMO. marshall might be better if you want a slightly more modern tone... but I'm not really a fan of the jcm2000's...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think Tony Iommi would disagree with all the people that say Laney's can't do metal
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
^ true, but he doesn't use an lc30 or vc30 either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?