Page 1 of 2
Ok well i got a fender telecaster made in america for christmas. I love it so far but what are some things that i could do to it to make it better. Could i get humbuckers put on it or something for a better sound or is that stupid just give me some tips im kinda new at this
You could post pics.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
Personally i wouldnt put buckers in a tele unless it were factory speced for them. Check out some Cobalt Samariciam(sp? or whatever theyre called) Noiseless or 52 telecaster reissue pups from fender. Ive played teles equipped with both and i thought that they were both good, though i would have to lean towards favoring the CS ones.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
I wouldn't ruin a lovely Telecaster with humbuckers...what sort of sounds are you going for?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Change the pickups to TELE pickups, not humbuckers.

Maybe add a bigsby trem?

havent you heard of the bigsby curse?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Swift_Death
Personally i wouldnt put buckers in a tele unless it were factory speced for them. Check out some Cobalt Samariciam(sp? or whatever theyre called) Noiseless or 52 telecaster reissue pups from fender. Ive played teles equipped with both and i thought that they were both good, though i would have to lean towards favoring the CS ones.
Samarium Cobalt Noiseless (SCN) are sweet pickups.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
If you install humbuckers I would suggest only one and possibly getting a coil-tap system installed as well. You'll have a more versatile sound that way.
Quote by rhcp_freak
havent you heard of the bigsby curse?

Please enlighten us
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
What is the Bigsby curse?
Gear:
Epi les paul custom white
Fender hot rod deluxe
Jimi Hendrix wah
EHX big muff pi
Boss DS-1
Monster cables
Before you consider putting a humbucker in the telecaster, you should check to see if it is routed for a humbucker. Take off the pickguard and see if the hole cut out in the wood is large enough for a bucker. If it isn't... you'd have to route the body.

You can get single coil pickups that sound like humbuckers though, check out some of the offerings from dimarzio, seymour duncan and emg.
Basically, Bigsby doesn't like Fender.

Whee.

You *could* get some GFS pickups or something.

*shrug*
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by rooster456
It'd help if the link worked.

sorry about that, it works now.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
wow, thats lovely, how much did it set you back?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Not sure i got it for christmas but im guessing it was quite a bit because its American Made
someone at my college has a tele with 2 humbuckers (no idea how much it cost him, it's a custom shop i think) and it just doesn't sound like a tele. Just put some upgraded pickups designed for teles if you must upgrade them, i'm pretty sure they are good already on an american telecaster.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
im sure the guy from stone sour has humbuckers in his tele.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
I wouldn't change anything about that Tele at all. You can get a nice range of tones from a Tele, just experiment a bit.
If you can't identify anything wrong with it and like your guitar I really see no reason to modify it in a manner that could leave you potentially unsatisfied with the end result. But obviously it's your guitar and you can do what you want with it at the end of the day.
...Bleep Bloop...
Ill take your advice i dont really thing im going to be doing anything to it because it sounds good even for metal and hardcore stuff and then it sounds good for lighter stuff so i guess im not going to change anything. Althogh when i turn the volume up it buzzes like mad so eventually i will proboably try to add fender noiseless pickups. Would that change the tone dramatically because i like where its at now
i think if you use heavier strings, youre tone would get a bit heavier. you might want overwound pups too.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
dude that guitar looks like it kicks some ass......abviously i dunno how it sounds but it looks good; if your happy just leave it
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by rockdude375
dude that guitar looks like it kicks some ass......abviously i dunno how it sounds but it looks good; if your happy just leave it

ill post a video sometime of it once i get it back, i left it at my friends house.
I think if you destroyed that beauty with humbuckers I would beat you over the head with it.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
Quote by MrCarrot
Samarium Cobalt Noiseless (SCN) are sweet pickups.

I've got a set in my strat, and they sing like birds.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
Putting humbuckers in a telecaster would be like pissing on the Mona Lisa.

Five words: Andy Summers and Keith Richards.

Threadstarter, what do you not like about your guitar?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Mar 6, 2007,
You got a thousand dollar guitar for a present and you want to change it..
It's a Tele. You win. Plus it has the maple fretboard... God that's an excellent guitar.

I suppose you could put Tele Texas Specials in it.

To a bunch of other people in this thread bitching about putting 'buckers in a tele, please check my sig. Though I didn't do that, I bought it that way for $350 after the fact and have never regretted it once.
Quote by RadioMuse
It's a Tele. You win. Plus it has the maple fretboard... God that's an excellent guitar.

I suppose you could put Tele Texas Specials in it.

To a bunch of other people in this thread bitching about putting 'buckers in a tele, please check my sig. Though I didn't do that, I bought it that way for $350 after the fact and have never regretted it once.

yeah ur tele looks preatty sweet and the only thing i dont like about my telecaster is that when i turn up the gain and the volume it buzzes and hums a lot and its kind of annoying so i wan to fix that
i got a 1950 somefin red tellycaster n thers nt much u can reely do to mod a telly ummmm maby a new paintjob ummm new hardwere ummm you could try to wack a bigsby on it but some models have the bottom brige goin around the bottom pickup if u search the web u canm find some realy good scratchplates that are in sections n have pics on em but nt much else u can do
on the tele. I mine

You could get a stetsbar? Or put a humbucker in the neck.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by xLoGit3k
Ok well i got a fender telecaster made in america for christmas. I love it so far but what are some things that i could do to it to make it better. Could i get humbuckers put on it or something for a better sound or is that stupid just give me some tips im kinda new at this

if you love it don't f**k about with it.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Page 1 of 2