I want to get This amp, because the one I have is not as powerful as I would like, and the distortion is garbage. The reviews seem to say it's pretty good, but does anyone here know about it? Is it really as loud as it says? How is the Built in Distortion?
I have heard both good and bad about it, I have heard them before and they seem decent but if you want really good sound, save some more money up and get an amp you really want such as an all tube amp, trust me its worth it. If you get this then a few years from now, you will probably want something better and new, so you may as well get something that you really want. If you dont want to spend alot of money check out the Peavey Valveking All tube heads. They are like 600 dollars all tube, they come in both 50 and 100 watt, but 50 watts tube is more than you will ever need most likely.
~Metal Up Your @$$~ \m/
Dude, the AT-100 is a very nice amp. They are a tweeker amp kind of like the Mesa's they are similiar to. You have to get a good setting to get them to sound good but they do sound good. Their distortion is awesome, especially the higher gain. The cleans are very good for the price. You won't be disappointed.
I have the AT 100, and it is awesome. Especially if ya can't shell out the 2000 or 1700 dollars for a Marshall or Mesa head. It has alot of stuff on it and the distortion is brutal. The cleans are very good as well ya just have to play around with it for your own settings. I love it, the left side is damaged only because my wife pushed it off of the 4X12 cab when she got mad at me and I think I need to have it looked at. Other than that I.... Oh the only bad thing is that it is ****ing heavy and bulky and carrying it up stairs can be a pain in the arse. Other than that I recommend it very highly.
Wow im glad i read this thread, now i think i might buy one. Whats the feedback like, one review on MF said its feedback is loud, so will i need to shell out an extra $80 on the NS-2? i have a modded MT-2 and soon maybe an ML-2, so how would the MT-2 sound through the clean channel on this beast?
I had that exact Head and Cab set. I think it is the best for the money. The distortion on it is great, and it has two distortion, or "overdrive" settings, so you can switch between 3 channels essentially (2 distorted/overdrive, and clean). The footswitch is great. It's pretty much a plug-and-play setup, perfect for quick stage setups at gigs. And yes, it's as loud as it says, quite possibly louder. It's the perfect setup for smaller gigs. I played a 200 person gig and I only had to put the Amp at half volume. I would defintly recommend it.

Now to clear up the "had" part, I had the Head and Cab for about three years and traded it in the head for a Line 6 Spider III 150w, but still kept the cab. The reason for this was that I wanted to experiment with different effects and pedals can get pretty expensive, also the tuner in the footswitch is very nice for shows. I would've kept the B-52 if I could have afforded to have two heads.

Hope this helps.
Does it come with a footswitch, or do I have to buy my own. And if I do have to buy my own, is it MIDI or one of those Stereo Cable deals?
that is NOT the AT series. thats the LG (which i believe heard was that good unlike the AT series which is very good)

and i dunno bout LG but the AT does bring footswitch
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
The LG is SS, the one you want is the AT for just a bit more its all tube. I owned an AT-100 head and it definitly had very heavy distortion, and the clean channel wasn't bad either. You probably wouldn't even need the distortion pedal, but I would suggest either a NS or an EQ through the fx loop to clean up the noise. The bad thing about the one I got was that the fx loop went out after about a week, but if you get the warranty you can have it replaced.
Jackson USA SL2H Snow White
Peavey JSX 120w head
BVS412 slant cab w/V30's
Furman RR-215 Dual EQ
TC Electronic M300
Quote by creepingdeth05
I have heard both good and bad about it, I have heard them before and they seem decent but if you want really good sound, save some more money up and get an amp you really want such as an all tube amp, trust me its worth it. If you get this then a few years from now, you will probably want something better and new, so you may as well get something that you really want. If you dont want to spend alot of money check out the Peavey Valveking All tube heads. They are like 600 dollars all tube, they come in both 50 and 100 watt, but 50 watts tube is more than you will ever need most likely.

It is an all tube amp. AT=All Tube. It has a tri recto on it so its switchable like a mesa.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.