Page 1 of 3
So, What do you think will happen? Care to share some thoughts on the big match tonight?

Im a Liverpool Fan btw, and i think Barca have little or no chance of staging a comeback at Anfield..

maybe we can keep this thread running all the way up to the match and have some friendly Banter along the way as a build up?

Here I will add live updates for those less fortunate who want in on instant match scores..

FULL TIME

LIVERPOOL 0
BARCELONA 1
Eidur Gudjohnsen
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Last edited by xtopher_aaron at Mar 6, 2007,
Quote by xtopher_aaron
Im a Liverpool Fan btw, and i think Barca have little or no chance of staging a comeback at Anfield..

I wouldn't be so sure, it is Barca after all. Liverpool do have a great opportunity to get through though.
« »
Jesus christ, I can't wait! I've forgotten what time kick-off is, and build up?

It's going to be an amazing match. Barca have to win to stay in so they're going to come out fighting. lets hope Liverpool can fit back like I know they can.

This_Kidd's pre-match prediction: 2-2
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Barcelona know they need to get their act together. And they can do that. Did you see Ronaldinho and Eto'o in La Liga last week? They've got it together. However, I would suppose Liverpool will be extremely defensive, there's not much point in them attacking.

Liverpool let me dow when I bet on them...if they'd won at the weekend, I'd be £12,000 up. I think it'll be at least 1-0 to Barca.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

so long as LFC are thru man..

now all we need are some Barca fans..

btw, what do you guys think about what last week with Man Utd eh?
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Quote by xtopher_aaron
So, What do you think will happen? Care to share some thoughts on the big match tonight?

maybe we can keep this thread running all the way up to the match and have some friendly Banter along the way as a build up?

You would say that, wouldn't you?

In all honesty, Barca have come off the back of some pretty poor results, they'll be hungry to get a win tonight. Eto'o is back in the squad and will more than likely start.

Liverpool are a boring defensive team with little to offer on the wide areas. Also the centre-half positions are a bit slow.

Be prepared for a Barca onslaught.

However, if Liverpool can hold it for the first 20 mins, they could maybe win it.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by This_Kidd
Jesus christ, I can't wait! I've forgotten what time kick-off is, and build up?

It's going to be an amazing match. Barca have to win to stay in so they're going to come out fighting. lets hope Liverpool can fit back like I know they can.

This_Kidd's pre-match prediction: 2-2

Kick off should be in about 2 1/2 hrs time..
It was poor. I thought Liverpool would win, certainly at home. Then after placing my bet I'd doubts about what kinda team they'd put out...

Quote by cagnius
You would say that, wouldn't you?

In all honesty, Barca have come off the back of some pretty poor results, they'll be hungry to get a win tonight. Eto'o is back in the squad and will more than likely start.

Liverpool are a boring defensive team with little to offer on the wide areas. Also the centre-half positions are a bit slow.

Be prepared for a Barca onslaught.

However, if Liverpool can hold it for the first 20 mins, they could maybe win it.

i highly doubt that Liverpool would be defensive tonite man.. its very unlikely, altho we mite see Momo Sissoko on just to play anchorman tonite..

but im sure at the chance they would strike..
Liverpool will probably play pretty defensively, but if they can get a goal they're pretty much through
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
Quote by Child In Time
It was poor. I thought Liverpool would win, certainly at home. Then after placing my bet I'd doubts about what kinda team they'd put out...

damn man.. i just wish Crouchie had a longer run on the field...
How is it unlikely? You're playing a decisive match against Barca, 2-1 up...away goals. You want to defend that lead. It's unlikely Barca will get back and you know they'll attack like hell. You can't take the chance and attack or even be neutral.

Quote by xtopher_aaron
i highly doubt that Liverpool would be defensive tonite man.. its very unlikely, altho we mite see Momo Sissoko on just to play anchorman tonite..

but im sure at the chance they would strike..

Liverpool can only be defensive, that's their problem.

Barcelona can't defend for the life of them.

Rafa, I think, will be happy to watch them sit back and soak up the pressure. They have got two away goals, remember.
if barca play like barca should play, liverpool dont stand a chance. but if barca are out of form again then it'll be a close game. errors will win it like last time.

but to be honest, i think barca will win 3-0.
Barca have been on shyte form lately, and liverpool have only been getting better and better. I rek about 2-1 liverpool.

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by cagnius
Liverpool can only be defensive, that's their problem.

Barcelona can't defend for the life of them.

Rafa, I think, will be happy to watch them sit back and soak up the pressure. They have got two away goals, remember.

they defend very well indeed, but Pool are always capable of a good counter attack..
Liverpool are through

And I'm a Man UTD fan.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
i just hope the Kop comes out full voice tonight.. that alone should be enough to put Barca off.. and make Stevie G go Super Saiyan on their bottoms..
I really get the feeling that Barcelona will turn on the style tonight.

I'm not kidding when I say that when on form, that Barcelona side is by far the best football team I have ever seen play in my life.
Liiiiiivvvveeerrrpppooooool.

Thats all I have to say.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by fronkpies
Liiiiiivvvveeerrrpppooooool.

Thats all I have to say.

Did you really say that, or was it more of a Liverpudlian war chant?
I can see the match being similar to the one at the Nou Camp...I think Liverpool will be pretty defensive, they don't need to chase the game...however Barcelona can't defend for peanuts so on the break if Bellamy plays with Crouch up front (I suppose Kuyt could as well but what a sitter of a header he missed...) I think we could nick a goal, but I'm prepared for a bit of a Barcelona backlash, considering they will feel like the played shit at the Nou Camp, and Liverpool suffered their first Premership defeat in, well, I lost count of how many games, so I can see them having a point to proove...but we're always so good in Europe, it's difficult to see Barcelona winning outright...however extra time is a possibility....and penalties
Quote by cagnius
Did you really say that, or was it more of a Liverpudlian war chant?

Yer, It was a chant. Alot like that great Scotsman, Mel gibson.

*S******s* :EDIT: Thats is mean to say sniggers

I just dont have the funnies/comebacks to compete with you
Quote by fronkpies
Yer, It was a chant. Alot like that great Scotsman, Mel gibson.

*S******s* :EDIT: Thats is mean to say sniggers

I just dont have the funnies/comebacks to compete with you

*cag would have replied with a jape about Glaswegian grunting*
i would love for it not to go to penalties man.. i have to be at Uni in the morning, the game ends at like 6am from where im from..

and i duno why, and i maybe wrong, but i have a feeling Rafa would go for a 3strike partnership with Bellamy Kuyt and Crouchie.. i will most likely be wrong tho, who could ever second guess Rafa..
im pissed off the game is tonight, Im at nottingham forest v Doncaster, wishing i was some place else...
we had our day,
Forest only team to win euro cup 2 years running, Clough is the only god!!!
^^indeed the tactical genius (well half the time) that is, cannot be second guessed, which can i suppose be a bit of the probelm for the players when he's tinkering through the game...ah well as i said rafa seems to do good in europe
Quote by Burningritual
im pissed off the game is tonight, Im at nottingham forest v Doncaster, wishing i was some place else...
we had our day,
Forest only team to win euro cup 2 years running, Clough is the only god!!!

i feel you buddy, i wished it was yesterday.. i gotta be in Uni at 8am tomoro, the drive from my place is like 45 mins or so with morning traffic... so that means sleep tonite
I think Liverpool will go through, even though I don't particularly want them to cause Liverpool fans get on my nerves

They should be able to just about hang on unless Barca really turn on the style.

EDIT: However, I think you're all forgetting about the more important game tonight...Derby County v. Norwich!
Quote by TheEndHasNoEnd
I think Liverpool will go through, even though I don't particularly want them to cause Liverpool fans get on my nerves

They should be able to just about hang on unless Barca really turn on the style.

EDIT: However, I think you're all forgetting about the more important game tonight...Derby County v. Norwich!

why dont you fancy Liverpool fans?? wats up with that?
k, im gonna get food.. be back later dudes, hopefully some good banter will get going..
Quote by Gbell3587
I hate liverpool, i hope the dirty scrotebags get arse raped tonight.

Quote by Gbell3587
I hate liverpool, i hope the dirty scrotebags get arse raped tonight.

So eloquently put.
being a chelsea fan i hate both teams after both have cheated us out of the competition, there fore i'd like a bomb to hit anfield, but more likley liverpool will try and soak up pressure, fail as they did against man u (that was the only game in history i've wanted liverpool to win) and barca will win 3-0.
Page 1 of 3