I just bought a Kramer Striker FR424 S/D and it has the factory pickups in it. They are nice but i want a screeming metal tone for soloing along with fast playing all around. Something like a Metallica tone or MegaDeath or something like that. Any suggestions?
Is that the purple neck-thru one that sold about 2 weeks ago?

I'd suggest Swineshead Venom for the bridge.. or a DiMarzio Tone Zone
The Evo 2 is a great Pickup. Not as Hot as the original Evo, But Pretty Hot. It has more Clarity.
I have on in the Bridge Position on my Ibanez S520WNF and it's great. I would recommend one or the original Evo.
Quote by Guitarsoloblack
So you would say that the original has a hotter tone or just better over all?

The Original is Hotter. But it lacks in Clarity compared to the EVOII when at higher Volumes.
wats better. seymour duncan or emg pickups? cos im egttin a new guitar and one has seymours on it and the other has emg
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by deathmetalboy
wats better. seymour duncan or emg pickups? cos im egttin a new guitar and one has seymours on it and the other has emg

i think they are good as each other, what guitars are they?
#3 of the dean owners club. PM g1asseye to join
ok well either im getting the RR3 with duncans or a black warrior with 2 emgs
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music