The type on your guitar

Okay so basically in november I got my epi g400 and was very pleased and still am.

I can't really remember how long ago but it must be over a month ago, probably a month and a half, that I changed the strings from the ones it came with to some ernie ball super slinkies since it was overdue for a change really.

But recently the g string seems to have developed a kind of inconsistant buzzing. It is not toooo loud but loud enough to make me want it gone, some frets are unaffected some are slighty affected and some are pretty damn affected. Open is in the 3rd catagory btw.

Anyone know whats going on?

Is it the string?

I haven't touched the action since I got it, it came with fine action for me. So I doubt its your average fret buzz.

Cheers.
definitely time to change your strings... the string is obviously fraying and making the pickups go haywire on it... either that or you need to change your tones.
Whoops, forgot to mention this buzz can be heard unplugged i'm not sure if its getting amplified.
I think it is because your strings are fresh and sound "metallic" This can be problem with the g string. An unwound g string usually sticks out from the other ones. A way to fix this would be to use a wound third string, but it can be a pain in the ass to bend.
I don't know if that is your problem, but that is the only thing I can think of.
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
Mr Carrot: I guess its a possiblity since I have not managed to locate the source of the buzz, if it is that what can I do about it?

acoustic87: I don't think they are that fresh after a month and a half of regular practice and band practice every sunday :P|
Quote by sofubar
Mr Carrot: I guess its a possiblity since I have not managed to locate the source of the buzz, if it is that what can I do about it?|

check the saddles on the bridge to see if they're loose or something.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
check the saddles on the bridge to see if they're loose or something.

Its not that, I have since located it around the nut and first fret area, I think.
take it to a local music shop and see if they can fix it for you
#3 of the dean owners club. PM g1asseye to join
Its not anything to worry about. On my G-400, every time i change my strings it happens to me. All it is is that the action is too low on the treble strings of your guitar. Just take a flathead screwdriver and turn the screw where the high e string is, to bring up the action a little bit.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
If you've just changed strings, it's likely that you have unintentionally changed string gauges and now the truss rod isn't set for that gauge and has a little bow in it (most probably convex bow, so it sounds like you put lighter strings on it). Look down the neck from the headstock. There should be a slight inward bow making the fretboard concave (some people have them dead straight though). There shouldn't be any convex bow on the neck.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Alright i'm bumping this thread as I really need answers :P

Is there anyway action can somehow lower on its own?

Perhaps the change from strings it came with to ernie balls of the same gauge but the ernie balls are super slinky. (this woulden't account for the month and a half gap between normal operation and buzzing)

Also I have discovered the buzz is more widespread, it is not just the G string - It has far more frets that buzz on the g-string though, its on the bass strings at a handful of frets. It does not seem to be present on B and high E strings however.

Please help guys.

Cheers.
Quote by acoustic87
I think it is because your strings are fresh and sound "metallic" This can be problem with the g string. An unwound g string usually sticks out from the other ones. A way to fix this would be to use a wound third string, but it can be a pain in the ass to bend.
I don't know if that is your problem, but that is the only thing I can think of.

What gauge strings have wound G's? I absolutly hate the sound of a open g string (on a guitar). It just sounds so... different, i think wound strings would help.
It's probably that your string width is smaller than the slot on your nut. Try a larger G string or take it to a tech.