So far, off those adertisements, Ive won an iPod, a Laptop, and one just said "YOUVE WON!!!!!" because I was the 999,999th visitor. W00t!

Yes, I know theyre just marketing ploys. An idiot Im not.

Anyway, what I wanted to know was: dont those advertisements have to supply you with a prize? I would have thought it would be false advertising, thus illegal, otherwise. Are they exploiting a loophole, or what?

(I must confess, however: I do enjoy putting a pop-up blocker on, and playing those stupid advert games (ie shoot the duck!). And the pop-up blocker prevents the window from coming up, so you can win as many times as you want. Self esteem +100 XD; anyone else do this, or am I just strang?...)
One time I accidentally clicked the shoot the cow one, and since my blocker's on, it just kept letting me shoot them. They get faster and faster the more you hit them, so eventually they move at lightspeed. Kinda funny..
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
I like when your the cowboy and you have to wrangle the bull... or i saw a slap Donald Trump one.. but I like Donald Trump so I didnt do it!!

ӨήӘ
ŝ
ĦĒŘ
ĿÎҜξ
Ǐ
ĐӨ♥ ♥ ♥

I know I'll never be your Mr. Right
But I'm happy to be your Mr. That'll Do For Tonight
Your not alone doing that man lol
I do that all the time although i dont really have any favs lol
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

My Gear :

-Peavey HP Signature EX
-Fender 100H(Head) + Fender FM412 (Cab)
-GBX Custom Bug
-Dunlop Wah Pedal GCB-95
-Marshall GV-2 Plus
-Boss CS-3
-Behringer Digital Reverb DR100
They will give you a prize Eventually
Most of the sites i've seen work in points, you buy things from that site and points add up.
But the sites are usually riddled with spyware and viruses, and after you buy all of those things its more expensive than the item itself.
And no you're not wierd, I do the same thing
The mosquito one is sooooooo satisfying!
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I hate those ad's.I get a lot of those online dating ones too.Some of them loop video and music.If you ask me I think there is far too much advertising on UG.

And those damn ones that inlarge when you scroll over them.Like the Monster.com one.Annoying as fuck.Yes, I said fuck...
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
I don't mind the ads as long as they don't talk to me or play sound of any kind. That is damn annoying. Otherwise, my brain just naturally ignores them. I only even look at them when the animalistic part of me sees a pretty girl, or I accidentally click one.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by umop-3p!sdn

(I must confess, however: I do enjoy putting a pop-up blocker on, and playing those stupid advert games (ie shoot the duck!). And the pop-up blocker prevents the window from coming up, so you can win as many times as you want. Self esteem +100 XD; anyone else do this, or am I just strang?...)

Shoot the duck is fun.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?