What songs have uber bass solos in? If people could just list a few, i'd be greatful.

Oh, and what settings do you guys (and gals) use on your amps?
Last edited by BobSlay at Mar 6, 2007,
Pulling Teeth... for one long bass solo.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Well i don't play bass much, i have 1 but i don't reeli play it. I prefer guitar but anyway a ace 1 is (anesthesia) Pulling Teeth by Metallica its like a bass solo song
Manchester United
Cant be bothered? Believe me, your time isnt that important mate.

And just because i dont wanna be a complete asshole

My Generation - The Who
Heart Of The Sunrise - Yes
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
The settings all up to the tone you want to get, i personally got like 6 setting that i like, and i change between them whenever i feel like it (or the song requires it).

For a more punchy tone: More Treble
For a more growly tone: More Bass

That the rule of thumb, but you need to experiment to understand.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
it's only hard when the drums kick in. i swear the drugs kick in at that point too, becausde cliff goes on a mad one.

My fave bass solo has to be Stu hamms love thang, and jaco's continuum, and wootens norwegian wood.

p.s oh, and dont put "i cant be bothered to look" in your posts. if you cant, why should we? honestly, you kids dont know you're born.
NIB - sabbath has a solo in the beginning.

hmm *scans itunes*

hm i dont know if you would count this but theres like a 3 second bass solo on good times bad times haha.

uhh the intro the bombtrack - rage is pretty cool. i guess you could say thats a solo

and of course theres bass solo by metallica haha.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater has quite a "Oh my god, I cant beleive I just heard that, Im going to go kill three sheep and pray to a coffee mug" type of bass solo.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
"Fermented Offal Discharge" by Necrophagist has a nice tapping solo in it.
"Hammer Smashed Face" by Cannibal Corpse also has a bass solo. The album version is somewhat tricky to try to learn, but once you get it, it's easy. Look into the live version of this song to hear what Alex can really do.
"F*cked With a Knife" by Cannibal Corpse also has a slick little 3 or 4 second bass solo, but it sounds great.

*also scans iTunes*

This isn't quite considered a 'solo,' but in "Number Of The Beast" by Iron Maiden Steve Harris starts going crazy right after the guitar solo. He goes up to a high D in it (19th fret).

That's about all I could come up with for now. I hope you like metal, or I was of no help to you, haha.

Oh, and +1 for the jazz!
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
+1 for jazz too, but also listen to some horn solos as well Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong etc.. It'll really help you get some cool rhythms in your head. I don't know if you want to learn how to do better solos or just listen to cool ones but either way...
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
+1 for jazz too, but also listen to some horn solos as well Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong etc.. It'll really help you get some cool rhythms in your head. I don't know if you want to learn how to do better solos or just listen to cool ones but either way...

I'll concur as well. Learning to play a few jazz solos, even some basic standards will move your playing in directions and to a level that will definitely surprise you. One of the best things I have always found about bass players is that as a lot, we tend to be rather musically diverse and open to new types of music, so starting mining in musical genres that you haven't looked at before as well.
^Oh that last part is key. My Bass Teacher was talking to me about Picks and said the only band I really like who uses a pick is Tool. And I was kinda like Oh wow tool great I got a weirdo for a bass teacher (it was my first lesson) Then about 9 months later (a week ago) I "acquired" Tools undertow album and it has taken my playing in a really neat direction. With my drummer and keyboard player(hooray for pushing musical boundaries no guitar player) We made this awesome song that sounded Tool like with a lot of our own twists and musical tastes. So basically listen to different genres of music. It opens your mind to so much.