sorry to be a pain in the arse but I am new to all this recording stuff. Using audacity using a cheap mic well very cheap mic to record on audacity. Once I have recorded what songs I am playing I go to play but cant hear anything I have recorded, so turn the gain up I can once I do that I got a lot crackling and background interferance is there any tools I can use to clean that up?
well first of all, is your mic plugged into the mic slot of your sound card or the line in slot?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

My Gear :

-Peavey HP Signature EX
-Fender 100H(Head) + Fender FM412 (Cab)
-GBX Custom Bug
-Dunlop Wah Pedal GCB-95
-Marshall GV-2 Plus
-Boss CS-3
-Behringer Digital Reverb DR100
i bought a cheap audio interface by behringer, about £20 and it works fine, connect by usb but you need to get a speacial lead to connect but i got mine of ebay for £3.

Could be the mic being to colse or to far away to the amp.

Maybe the effect (amplify) that increases the loudness instead of turning up gain

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
And also check the volume of the microphone in the windows sound panel (the little speaker thing in the taskbar) But when you're in there, goto Options -> Properties then check Recording and press OK.
What they said is all good, but also make sure that Audacity is actually using the mic to record. I had to select the mic from Audacity options when I first used it (Edit -> Preferences).
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

My Gear :

-Peavey HP Signature EX
-Fender 100H(Head) + Fender FM412 (Cab)
-GBX Custom Bug
-Dunlop Wah Pedal GCB-95
-Marshall GV-2 Plus
-Boss CS-3
-Behringer Digital Reverb DR100
I am connecting through the mic jac in my soundcard not through the line in jack to answer the person aboves question.

sounds okay, now that i think about it. Not great but passable for a £3 mic off ebay.

I want to send someone a copy of what I have recorded but they havent got audacity so how do I convert it into a universal MP3 that can be played on any player?

Cheers for the help guys
Last edited by slowhands1981 at Mar 6, 2007,
any time. took me for ever to figure that one out when i started up recording lolz
Too cool for a signature.