Hello,

I have an ENGL Powerball head. I have a decimator pedal (which works wonderfully).

Now, I just purchased a Dimebag wha pedal, a DBX 131 Graphic EQ, and a Holy Grail reverb pedal.

I was thinking that I would run the DBX through the effects loop. I was also thinking that I would have guitar hooked to the Holy Grail, which would be hooked to the Wha, which would be hooked to the decimator and finally to the ENGL.

My dbx and holy grail should be in within the next week.

Do you think this set up is ok? Should I take the dbx out of the effects loop? Should I hook anything else into the effects loop?

Lots of questions, but I would like to hook it all up correctly.

Thanks
Well, envelope detecting pedals, like Wah's, all go at the front of the loop, and modulation effects, like delay, chorus and reverb, go towards the end.

And put your EQ after your distortion for good tone shaping and solo boosts.
Don't you have to use the line in-line out with the DBX? I dunno for sure. I wicked jealous of that holy grail pedal your getting though.

damn me not having money.
Quote by sashki
Well, envelope detecting pedals, like Wah's, all go at the front of the loop, and modulation effects, like delay, chorus and reverb, go towards the end.

And put your EQ after your distortion for good tone shaping and solo boosts.

Since all of my distortion is coming from the head, I should use the effects loop for eq?

So it should be wha, holy grail, decimator, head. My eq should go through the effects loop?

Thanks
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
Don't you have to use the line in-line out with the DBX? I dunno for sure. I wicked jealous of that holy grail pedal your getting though.

damn me not having money.

I am 36 years old. I have a career. The downfall is, I can't ever try to be in a serious band! I have a wife and kids.
i think the reverb would be better off in the effects loop then; the wah, the distortion, and the eq (in that order) in frnt of the amp. mess around wiht it though. see what you like
may want to try the decimator in the loop if your preamp is giving you any noise. Just figure anything in the fx loop is coming after your preamp/tone shaping. Trial and error really, there are no set rules, it's whatever sounds best. Personally, I would go wah, amp, fxsend ->grail, eq, decimator->fx return, so the noise canceling is at the end of the chain. That's a rack eq right? If it's a pedal, I would probably put it between the wah and the amp.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids