I'm looking at buying a new guitar this summer, and i'm trying to make sure i know everything about it first. The axe i'm looking at right now is the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, and everything about the guitar screams that it'll be a gorgeous guitar and all i ever need. However, I have tons of different influences all across the map, will the EMG active 81/85 be able to keep up or would i be looking at replacing one of 'em?
if cleans are an important factor in your tone, i would suggest something else.

i couldnt get EMG's to sound good on a dr. Z MAZ-18.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Not EMG 81, 85. That's more metal oriented. Try EMG 81(b), 60(n). That's what i have and the 60 is great for cleans. But the C-1 Hellraiser is a gorgeous guitar and i had almost baught it last year. Instead i got a Cort EVL-Z6, which is like my dream guitar.
Well, i guess i was very vague - i s'pose a large amount of what i like playing comes from like, Metallica, AC/DC, Billy Talent (don't judge me ), Iron Maiden and hopefully someday when I get better dip into Sonata Arctica. But songs that i enjoy playing and will still be interested in playing are some bizarre songs, lol. Offspring, Lynard Skynard, ZZ top, Treble Charger, goldfinger, goo goo dolls, GnR, etc. Right now I play a fender strat - if i do pick up the hellraiser, should i just keep the original pups and just bring the strat with me when i want to play something a little more mellow or clean?
Use both guitars...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i wouldnt get the hellraiser, it will hav eproblems with some of those bands.

a washburn X50PRO will have no problems at all. owning one, it will do those no problem
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
The hellraiser would not be bad. But the emgs are too gainy for what you want.

I reccomend actually a c-1 classic, would suit you better.
hellraiser is an awesome guitars, but EMGs, don't fit your styles, you should really take a look at the C1 Classic, that's an amazing guitar!
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know