Ok so I really wanna go to Power Chord Academy, but cannot afford it.. Are there any other camps like that but cheaper?

THANKS
where is this based in?
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

*cough* get a job

Anyway, kinda depends where you live. Should ask around at school and stuff.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
In Ohio, we have something called Camp Jam. It basically the same thing, but a lot less expensive. It's a little different.

Here's their website. http://www.campjam.com/ Check their locations.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by Doolittle
they proably only teacher power chords at Power Chord Academy

Yeah the name implies 3 Chord Punk
Quote by Doolittle
they proably only teacher power chords at Power Chord Academy

from what i understand that one is less focused on learning to play your instrument and more focused on learning how to start a band and perform on stage and whatnot.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
from what i understand that one is less focused on learning to play your instrument and more focused on learning how to start a band and perform on stage and whatnot.

Ah, all the important aspects of music then.

Besides, we have the UG Rock N' Roll lawyer now.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Ah, all the important aspects of music then.

Besides, we have the UG Rock N' Roll lawyer now.

well its about how to suceed in the music business, whih, if you want to be a pro musician is extremely important, there are a lot of talented artists who never get anywhere because they dont know how to work in the industry.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
well its about how to suceed in the music business, whih, if you want to be a pro musician is extremely important, there are a lot of talented artists who never get anywhere because they dont know how to work in the industry.

What's the point in learning how to break into the music industry if you can't play your instrument?

Quote by Smokey Amp
What's the point in learning how to break into the music industry if you can't play your instrument?

im pretty sure the camp is aimed at people who have at least some proficiency in playing their instruments..

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
im pretty sure the camp is aimed at people who have at least some proficiency in playing their instruments..

'Power Chord Academy' doesn't really say much about their targeted demographic in terms of technical proficiency.

yeah, but look at whats popular now, technical proficiency doesnt really mean too much in terms of success as long as you can write good songs.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, but look at whats popular now, technical proficiency doesnt really mean too much in terms of success as long as you can write good songs.

Well, that's subjective. I just think the camp seems like a complete waste of money, that's all. I think they'd be better suited sitting at home and actually playing their guitar than worrying about how they look on stage.

Quote by Joe-Fish
http://www.guitarworkshop.com/

This is nearly half the price of PA

I might be going with my friend.

dude NGW is so great. i mean i went to the one in VA that just started last summer and altho it didnt have the best classes it OWNED its like at the least 10 hours of guitar a day and about 5 straight hours. BEST CAMP EVER
Member of
The UG Asian Invasion!
Pm night_lights to join the hallowed Asian ranks (Over 2000members)

Darth Maul in the Star Wars universe, PM Zeppelinpage4 to join the Empire, PM Sethmegadefan to join the Rebellion
Quote by Smokey Amp
Well, that's subjective. I just think the camp seems like a complete waste of money, that's all. I think they'd be better suited sitting at home and actually playing their guitar than worrying about how they look on stage.

that depends on how you look at it, but you are a lot more likely to get somewhere if you know how to work in the industry, you could be the best guitarist in the world but if you dont know how to work in the music industry youll be playing bars most of your life.

Last.fm
All these "Summer Camps" (except sports ones. These ones are cool) are a fraud. What are you going to learn there? "OMG YOU'RE GONNA MAKE A MUSIC CLIP!" says in the website. SO? Is it worth all the money that it costs?
My recommendation, stay away from it.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
All these "Summer Camps" (except sports ones. These ones are cool) are a fraud. What are you going to learn there? "OMG YOU'RE GONNA MAKE A MUSIC CLIP!" says in the website. SO? Is it worth all the money that it costs?
My recommendation, stay away from it.

"OMG YOUR LEARNING HOW TO KICK/THROW A BALL!! OMG **** WOW YAY!!!!!"

I don't think PCA is worth it but I'm hoping to go to NGW this summer.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.