Well for the last seven months I have been collecting the parts for my stevie ray vaughan #1 Replica. So I'm about to start construction on it what I'm asking for is some tips or some close up pictures of #1. I have some but I can never have too many I would love to have a real picture of just his guitar if any one has one I would love to see it.

I'm still looking for a neck I'm thinking about the srv one from Warmoth. Does anyone have something to say about them good or bad?

Thanks
I know I'm came across a website devoted to creating a replica but don't remember the URL anymore. May want to try to google SRV guitar replica or something along those lines. I know the site had some great detail shots.
I don't think it really matters what kind of neck you get. I mean cmon, the shape of the neck will not affect the way you sound. Your main concern should be which wood you choose, the pickups and the equipment. I understand that you want to make it exact, but it should also be comfortable for you. That should be your main concern.
You most definately will have to use Texas Special pickups and some heavier strings, I would say at least 11's. Overwound pickups will not sound good with light strings.
Also you can find many pictures of the guitar on google. Try searching for things like "Stevie Ray Vaughan gear or setup." This will give you a rough approximation of what you will need to do.
I don't know if this will help but I hope it does.
Good luck with your guitar building
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
srvguitar.com but please, rust the hardware unlike the guy eho made the guitar on that website.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
You don't want a set of Texas Speacials. Number 1 had a set of stock 1959 pickups in it. They were hand wound with forbon bobbins and heavy formvar wire and the pickups were seriously degaussed. The only way to get pickups like these is from boutique pickup makers.
Not taking any online orders.
I find it interesting that so many people in here idolize SRV, when many are too young to have seen him in person. I don't idolize him, but I sure do respect the man and his music.

I saw him live in the late 80s ('88 I think) when he opened for Robert Plant. SRV had just beaten long-time addiction and spoke eloquently about addiction and his own experience during the show. Plant came out and said essentially, "yeah, Stevie, whatever", which didn't go over well with the audience. SRV also blew Plant away in that show. That was the opinion of everyone I know who saw it, as well as every review i read. I'm glad I got to see that show.
SRV>Plant>you

I listen to some of his music, and I think: Wow, this is what clapton spent his entire life trying to steal! he's true blues, not like clapton who only steals blues licks and plays them fast. Same with Page.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Wrong.

Clapton "stole" a fairly authentic Chicago blues style, at a time when Blues had a rising popularity particularly in the UK.

SRV played gussied up speed-country, bludgeoning listeners with blues cliches.

And as for SRV vs. Plant - well, I'm sure SRV made a lot more interesting faces, but that doesn't make him anything resembling a better player.

But this isn't the place for SRV discussion, really.
Quote by StaggHound

And as for SRV vs. Plant - well, I'm sure SRV made a lot more interesting faces, but that doesn't make him anything resembling a better player.

But this isn't the place for SRV discussion, really.

Before we get too deep into it, we must be clear of one thing: Plant doesn't play during his concerts, at least not the one I saw. He sings only. I suspect a couple of people here are confusing him with Page.
Quote by Vulcan
Before we get too deep into it, we must be clear of one thing: Plant doesn't play during his concerts, at least not the one I saw. He sings only. I suspect a couple of people here are confusing him with Page.

My mistake, I assumed that because SRV "blew Plant away" that they must have had something to compare between them - and since SRV couldn't sing for shit, I figured Plant must have strapped up or soemthing.
Quote by Vulcan
I find it interesting that so many people in here idolize SRV, when many are too young to have seen him in person. I don't idolize him, but I sure do respect the man and his music.

I saw him live in the late 80s ('88 I think) when he opened for Robert Plant. SRV had just beaten long-time addiction and spoke eloquently about addiction and his own experience during the show. Plant came out and said essentially, "yeah, Stevie, whatever", which didn't go over well with the audience. SRV also blew Plant away in that show. That was the opinion of everyone I know who saw it, as well as every review i read. I'm glad I got to see that show.

Thank VH1Classic for people's exposure to and appreciation for SRV, Allman Bros, Cheap Trick, Thin Lizzy, Cream, LedZep, Hendrix, etc. + parents' collections of CDs and 33-1/3" LPs (long-playing vinyl records, not Les Paul).

It's OK.

When I said SRV blew Plant away, I meant that it was a much more honest performance. The audience loved it and the quality of his playing stunned everyone. As the opening act, he wasn't permitted any light show or other effects that would detract from Plant's performance. Plant had too much crap, his performance was thin by comparison, and we felt he just strutted around and posed too much. SRV did his whole performance seated, oddly enough, with very little lighting and it was one of those rare nights where everything just seemed to work for him and his audience was just drawn right in. It was one show I was really lucky to have seen. KISS Destroyer tour was another, but we'll leave that one alone...
That's Plant's thing. SRV had his thing.

Not only am I not an SRV idoliser, I find absolutely nothing remotely worth even the smallest modicum of interest in anything he has ever done, period.
back on topic here...
Please post pics of the guitar during/when u build it! Can't wait to see it.
Stevie owns!
good luck on the build.