Well the wight of my guitar is mainly on the front(it's a jackson kelly)so when i play with my strap the guitar tends to fall from my left hand,so i can't play really well some times so so so....
What can i do?

I intend to buy a normal guitar,but i am not sure when

Thnx
It sounds lame, but if it's a real problem, tape something to your guitars strap end.

If it's bothering you while your sitting down, try sitting closer to the ground. That way your guitar is more reliant on your body, not your leg/arms.
Last edited by Guitarjunkie18 at Mar 6, 2007,
What Kelly version do you have?I own the KE3,it's awesome,but it has the same problem.You should probably take it to your guitar store and get the strap button changed to another place.Or just hold it when you play standing.
I think the kelly is designed to be hung low.
It looks like it has balls so you gotta play it like you have balls.
Last edited by Ordinary at Mar 6, 2007,
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
It sounds lame, but if it's a real problem, tape something to your guitars strap end.

If it's bothering you while your sitting down, try sitting closer to the ground. That way your guitar is more reliant on your body, not your leg/arms.

Tape something like what?
While i am sitting down it's no problem.
The reason it is bothering me is that i have to keep the fingerboarb high because it won't stand by it self.This is really bothering especially if i change frets all the time(not power chords all the time).

I have a JS35K.It's an old and crappy guitar but i really love her.

Kelly's MUST be hung low.Play it in front of your chest and you'll be like an a****le.
Check out Metallica's Hettfield.(he does not use kelly's,the shapes are simillar thoguh and he really kicks ass!)

Mr Carrot what's suede?? Would an uneven strap work?Any examples?
three words for you: wide leather strap. don't use nylon ones, they slip.
i have a leather strap for my DK2, and while it's not really neck heavy, i can get the neck to stay as high as i want.
I found a strap from synthetic leather on my local store for 25E and a leather one for 56E(omg!)
Will the nysthetic one work for me?
Quote by Sam The Ripper
I found a strap from synthetic leather on my local store for 25E and a leather one for 56E(omg!)
Will the nysthetic one work for me?

If you learn nothing else from this thread, learn to try stuff out before you buy anything.