So I got my Ashdown Fallen Angel DSP 60 last week for £320 which, for the money sounds very nice. I love the clean sounds but i kinda need some help figuring out good settings etc. because ive fiddled with it for a while and got no results. I'm looking for:
1.a really nice overdrive sound
2.A really insane screaming OTT lead sound

If anyone can give me any settings for thse or any idea of pedals i should get to achieve them with this amp then thanks

Also why is it so bassy?!? If i turn the bass up anywhere past halfway i cant talk properly and my room vibrates! I have to have it turned right down to 0 and even then its got a lot of bass-is it meant to be like this??

Also im pretty new to amps this size, where should i put in my zoom G2 fx pedal (im mainly using it for compression and Noise reduction purposes) in front or through the fx send.

Finally, for late-night bedroom practice, where can i plug in some headphones?? Sorry if any of these are stupid questions.

Thanks
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Last edited by Redstar5wp at Mar 6, 2007,
To make a tube amp sound like it should you really need to get the volume knob up over #4, this will let you know what the amp really sounds like. Look for settings when you do that. As for the headphones I'm pretty sure most tube amps don't allow them unless they have a built in attenuator or dummy load. You will need to buy a dummy load to use cans.
So I got my Ashdown Fallen Angel DSP 60 last week for £320 which, for the money sounds very nice. I love the clean sounds but i kinda need some help figuring out good settings etc. because ive fiddled with it for a while and got no results. I'm looking for:
1.a really nice overdrive sound

Either crank up the gain on the clean channel, or use channel 2 with the gain about 1/4, treble around 8, mids 9, bass 2 or 3.

2.A really insane screaming OTT lead sound

Keep the EQ the same, bump the gain up to around 3/4 and stomp on the boost. That's about as good as you'll get, it's not a gain monster so if you want more from it just invest in an OD pedal or a booster. Also it doesn't have a particularly gainy pre-amp section like a recto or 5150-type so yo need to get the power tubes working too get it to sound its best.

Also why is it so bassy?!? If i turn the bass up anywhere past halfway i cant talk properly and my room vibrates! I have to have it turned right down to 0 and even then its got a lot of bass-is it meant to be like this??

It's just a very bassy amp, but if you don't have much midrange in your sound and too much bass it'll sound woolier than a welsh sheep farm.

Also im pretty new to amps this size, where should i put in my zoom G2 fx pedal (im mainly using it for compression and Noise reduction purposes) in front or through the fx send.
I wouldn't bother to be honest, compressor and noise reduction effects are usually the ones they put the least effort into. Stick it in the FX loop to use modulation effects, but stay away from the noise gate, compressor, EQ and distortions.

Finally, for late-night bedroom practice, where can i plug in some headphones?? Sorry if any of these are stupid questions

Nowhere unfortunately...it's a 60 watt tube amp, they don't make those kind of things with low volumes in mind.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 6, 2007,
Quote by Redstar5wp

i thought ashdown only made bass amps nowadays. Isn't it the bass divison of randall or something? I could be wrong though...
^ As far as I know they still make guitar amps but under the name of Hayden Amps. Both the Ashdown site and the Hayden site have the same Essex address.