Page 1 of 2
I would like you opinion about epiphone sg bass is it good does it worth it money if buy it?
Personally i dont like them, im not a fan of gibson basses and epiphones to me are even worse. I have played them before and they never felt right to me.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
i dont like them....i think the thunderbird is a better buy...and if thats too much, (300 american dollars for a real nice bass isnt tho) then a yamaha would be allright if ur just starting its about 180 dollars
I bought one for $80 dollars last year because the store was going out of business. Unless you can get as good a deal as I did, I'd recommend you stay away from it. It's incredibly neck heavy and the tone kinda sucks.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
yeah the sg bass is horrible. there uncomfortable and their sound lacks. the thunderbirds are sweet though
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
thunderbirb it worth the money but because i am fan of Randy Rhoads and i would like to have something similar like his flying v
Quote by randyozzy
Somebody Help Me Please

Can't you wait more than 2 minutes?? Jesus christ.

Quote by randyozzy
thunderbirb it worth the money but because i am fan of Randy Rhoads and i would like to have something similar like his flying v

Yeah well, you can't have everything can you?

I am a huge fan of Justin Chancellor, but I'm not gonna sell my life to buy a Wal. Yet.

If you're a fan of Rhoads, why do you want an SG bass?

Look into Dean basses - they have lots of ugly designs:

Metalman 2A-V

Or the cheaper V Metalman
(Invalid img)
Does Somebody have Epiphone flying v bass if yes is it comfortable have good sound general i wont opinions
i was thinking about getting an Gibson SG bass, but i'm not so sure now...i'm happy with my P-Bass Special

i dont want to buy an SG bass i just wonder if it is good because it is hve very low price
Quote by randyozzy
i dont want to buy an SG bass i just wonder if it is good because it is hve very low price

If it's a really low price, how do you equate that to being good?

I've played one once, and it was fairly mediocre. Felt weird, didn't sound too hot.

And don't ignore everyone's posts. We're trying to help, and you're just ignoring us.
I HATE the SG bass.

1) It's short scale.

2) It neck dives like a mother-****er

3) It has a neck humbucker which sounds like total mud... it sounds almost the same with the tone rolled all the way off as it does with the tone cranked.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i played a vintage gibson SG, and it felt and sounded like ass. if the gibson is no good, there isnt much hope for the epiphone. they are way overpriced imo cause they are really just that bad.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
I hav a EB0 and they hav a terrible slap tone to it.As far as Gibson sg basses they suck.There slap tone is bad to but if u r looking to play some classic rock or something they sound good for it.Jack bruce from Cream used a Gibson Sg bass sometimes.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Wow there's a lot of hate for it. The neck short scale is actually quite nice if you switch between guitar and bass a lot. Also the pickups are dark as mentioned but you just have to use the sound right, like Jack Bruce.
I saw the Flying V bass before. It's a beaute but I haven't tried it yet.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Not to add to the "anti Gibson / anti Epi" flow here, but for the love of god, try it out before you play it. What everyone has said is true, but if you like heavy necks and the tone is OK to you, go for it. Myself, I don't like them because the tone is odd, the necks are heavy enough to do some serious damage and they are short scale.

However, there are some people who like these basses and you may be one.
i don't ignore anyone opinion i understand the you are trying to help but it is the first time that i'm writing in a furum
Quote by musiclover2399
Wow there's a lot of hate for it. The neck short scale is actually quite nice if you switch between guitar and bass a lot. Also the pickups are dark as mentioned but you just have to use the sound right, like Jack Bruce.

Then again, he uses a Warwick SG-style bass now, so...
Quote by anarkee
Not to add to the "anti Gibson / anti Epi" flow here, but for the love of god, try it out before you play it. What everyone has said is true, but if you like heavy necks and the tone is OK to you, go for it. Myself, I don't like them because the tone is odd, the necks are heavy enough to do some serious damage and they are short scale.

However, there are some people who like these basses and you may be one.

i thought short scale was in your best interest
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by crazypeanutman
i thought short scale was in your best interest

Cute.

I'm a bit of a David--small in stature but mighty with the swing. I like and play my full scale just fine, sir.
Quote by crazypeanutman
i played a vintage gibson SG, and it felt and sounded like ass. if the gibson is no good, there isnt much hope for the epiphone. they are way overpriced imo cause they are really just that bad.
+1 the Epiphone EB0 and EB3 are overpriced and under quality, need I say more.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
yea man this is radical bass. i think the sg is a great one my friend has one and he just started and he sounds great on it so good choice keep in touch!
Quote by anarkee
Cute.

I'm a bit of a David--small in stature but mighty with the swing. I like and play my full scale just fine, sir.

Not to be a smartass, but David cheated by bringing a gun to a sword fight.

Quote by radical bass
yea man this is radical bass. i think the sg is a great one my friend has one and he just started and he sounds great on it so good choice keep in touch!

Why do you carry yourself like a radio personality?
Quote by Charlatan_001
Then again, he uses a Warwick SG-style bass now, so...

If u got the best of cream album in the little information thing it shows jack bruce using a gibson sg bass.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Quote by Charlatan_001
Not to be a smartass, but David cheated by bringing a gun to a sword fight.

That's ok, personally I like smartasses, being one myself. LOL. Us small ones have to use all of the tricks in the book.

And btw, there are some Gibson / Epis I do like, the SG is just not one of them.
This is jack bruce playing a gibson sg bass.He is on the left.
Attachments:
w-b-l300x200.jpg
Quote by Damaged Roses

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Seems like a popular thing to hate them. Also I'm fairly certain that Jack uses sg basses from time to time at least. They're still the ones on the records regardless of what he's using now.
Quote by musiclover2399
Seems like a popular thing to hate them. Also I'm fairly certain that Jack uses sg basses from time to time at least. They're still the ones on the records regardless of what he's using now.

So!
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
they sound allright if you could get it cheap go for it but if you want a nice bass go for a fender precision bass
Quote by The1bassist06
This is jack bruce playing a gibson sg bass.He is on the left.
Yes but that was then, not now! If those basses were released for the first time today, at comparable prices that they charged in the 60s, which was identical to Fender Jazz Basses, they would be laughed at!
In the early 70s they went for over £400 UK which believe it or not is around £4,000.00. today.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Jack Bruce could probably make a wash tub, broom stick, and a piece of rope, sound good. gibson guitars are awsome. Epi' guitars are "ok", but their basses are not! (imo). try Ibanez, Peavey, or Yamaha,(OLP,Shecter), until you can afford a "pro" quality bass.

John Swift is the Bass Forum's Jedi Master!
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
^ Obi Juan Swift
Hi LP long time no see.
May the force be with you.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Yeah, Jack Bruce uses one, but he also turns the bass off completely on his amps, so I don't thing WWJD (J being Jack) is the best approach here.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Page 1 of 2