I'll try to be more clear. I have a Mesa Lonestar and a TC Electronics G-major. Right now I controll the G-major by midi and the amp by the mesa footswitch. I want something that can do both at the same time (meaning a foot controller). Is there anything that has the smarts to do it? The only thing that connects the footswitch to the amp is an instrument cable. Is there a midi switching system that has an additional place for amps like this or am I screwed? Thanks
Have you tried using the G-Major's switching jack? It's a TRS jack, so it can send tip to ground on 2 cable connections if you have a 1/4" TRS(stereo) to (2) 1/4" TS(mono) Y cable. Other than that, there are switching systems like the GCX ground control, but they are quite expensive. I've seen something called a midi mate on eBay, but I have no experience with it.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Mar 6, 2007,
You can do a midi footswitch for your whole rig and fx line, but it's gonna rip your wallet in half. I'd say pick a good couple of fx, run it through the amp's loop, and use the amp's fx switch to kick back and forth, that's what I do. But then again, I don't use four billion effects.
All you need with your current rig is a decent MIDI controller board. The Behringer FCB-1010 works well and only costs around $130. You're lucky you chose the Lonestar and G-Major, they have the perfect compliment. The only thing you need to do is connect your stereo patch cable between the G-Majors External Control jack and the Mesas Foot Switch jack on the front panel. You cannot use a regular instrument cable for this application since both jacks use TRS plugs (Tip/Ring/Sleeve, or stereo plugs). That's all you need man...just program the channel changes and solo modes into your Major and you should be set.

You say you're controlling the G-Major by MIDI...curious, what floorboard or controller are you currently using?
Quote by TwoString
All you need with your current rig is a decent MIDI controller board. The Behringer FCB-1010 works well and only costs around $130. You're lucky you chose the Lonestar and G-Major, they have the perfect compliment. The only thing you need to do is connect your stereo patch cable between the G-Majors External Control jack and the Mesas Foot Switch jack on the front panel. You cannot use a regular instrument cable for this application since both jacks use TRS plugs (Tip/Ring/Sleeve, or stereo plugs). That's all you need man...just program the channel changes and solo modes into your Major and you should be set.

You say you're controlling the G-Major by MIDI...curious, what floorboard or controller are you currently using?

Thanks man I think I understand. I actually use this really old midi switchiing board that church sold to me. I dont even know what company. I got it for $5. It only can have like four presets but it works fine. I just want to be able to switch everything (amp and g-major) with one button. So to make sure, say I get the Behringer. Can you give me a run through on how to set that up. Lets just say I have my guitar into the amp and the g-major in the effects loop. What do I do/need now?