well, i was walking home, and yesterday it had like frozen rain or whatever and the one hill i walk on was solid ice. so i slipped on it and fell and when i stopped sliding, i realized my middle and pinky fingers were sliced on the tip, about half a centimetre deep. then when i got home, i got a paper cut on my pointer finger, about the same size. this is really pissing me off, cuz i cant play guitar without bleeding all over the neck. anyone else had this happen to them, or has a way for me to play

and band-aids are out, i tried it already
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
Pwned
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
I've heard of people putting crazy glue on their fingertips, you could try that.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
pwnt.

wear gloves.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Easy:
Step 1: Get plasma-torch
Step 2: Cut off pesky fingers

The intense heat should cauterize the wound; no blood!

Warning:Cutting off fingers with plasma-torch may result in loss of digits

But just wait for them to heal. Playing will only delay that.
I cut my one finger pretty bad and kept playing simply because I had to at the time (jazz band, coffee houses I'd made commitments to, a variety show I couldn't call off). It kinda sucked, I wont lie. The idea of playing so much you bleed on your guitar is cool, but in actuality, cleaning blood off of your fret board pretty much sucks. Good thing it's rose wood I guess, so it didn't stain....

If I were you, I'd just let them heal. Just sit back and listen to your favourite bands and gets some ideas for songs to learn and things to practice when you're fine again. Oh, and don't start playing when it's "almost" healed. You'll just open them up again and delay the process even more. Trust me.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
i already know a shitload of theory. ill learn some more though, i guess. but not playing? jesus thats gonna suck
Quote by The Leader

Quote by ninemonthmedia

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
Yeah, if I got more then a few days, I feel the withdrawal. Learn the drums in the meantime? I dunno, there isn't much you can do.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
you could always try "tuff skin" it's kind of like the glue idea i guess. it helped me when i was throwing discus. although you should prolly just wait til it heals. bleeding on your guitar is uncool.... unless you are dying from blood loss and wanna play one last time. in that case it goes from uncool to metal..
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
[quote="'[A"]cetate']i already know a shitload of theory. ill learn some more though, i guess. but not playing? jesus thats gonna suck
It does doesnt it? my doctor said i shouldnt play for atleast a week... i think ive got a pinched nerve or something... my symptoms seem to be going away so i dont think its a permanent thing like carpal tunnel luckily. And since thursday ive grown some huge understanding in theory even if it is still pretty basic...

edit: and the people suggesting super glue and such, probably a bad idea since it'll probably make the cuts heal slower.
Last edited by StonaLemons at Mar 6, 2007,
god doesn't want you to play guitar
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
Quote by XzX_Patrick_XzX
god doesn't want you to play guitar

Because piano > guitar.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Do what Tony Iommi did.

He molded plastic bottle caps on his finger tips and covered the caps with leather.
^i just might

actually, no, that sounds like it would take to long
Quote by The Leader

Quote by ninemonthmedia

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
Play your guitar. When you bleed all over it and die of blood loss, you'll go down in history! Just like Rudolf.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
try some one handed tapping? idk make up some fancy pants stuff
I cut my fingers up once, as they were healing I started playing again, but my strings were old, and cut my fingers all open again.
How about you try to book a show as soon as you can, then when you play and you're fingers bleed, all the locals will be like 'that was the most metal thing I ever did see!' and even your Nan will mutter 'BRUTAL'.