ok firstly its a standard trem bridge and when i got the guitar every now and agin the whammy bar would get all loose and wobbly and stuff, so i would tighten it with another full turn (it didnt naturally go that far but i dont think i was ballsing up the thread because it did go round just not as easily)...then last week i did the same only it stopped and wouldnt go any further this time (i presume that the hole it fits into is not deep enough fot it to go further without ruining the thread) so i had to take it back to where it was.....so now, if i lift up the whammy bar so it is parallel to the strings (like when your actually using it) and let go, it just falls back down again becuase it is so loose....is this ok? or is it suposed to stay where i put it?
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
You mean, you press it down to the strings, it moves right back to 'idling' position? Cause it's s'posed to do that, yes.
nooo no no no no i mean when im standing up with the guitar and i spin thw whammy up so it is parallel with the strings....it just falls back down again if i let go of it
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by rockdude375
nooo no no no no i mean when im standing up with the guitar and i spin thw whammy up so it is parallel with the strings....it just falls back down again if i let go of it

I see.

I think it's supposed to that, as well.

Well, in theory. But in reality, people set their trems the way they want to. The idea is, the tighter you turn the bar in, the more resistance it gets when trying to fall down. If you're sure yours is properly tight, than don't look at me anymore.
it did get more resistance as i tightened it - but the resistance always dropped again the more i used it - and now it wont tighten any more
Quote by sunnysayshi
so it keeps getting losser?

yes
Quote by rockdude375
it did get more resistance as i tightened it - but the resistance always dropped again the more i used it - and now it wont tighten any more

Ok, I get it now. Well, I see the M50 in your sig, and I'm just gonna presume that's the guitar were talking about. If it is, it probably has a cheap LFR, which means 'soft' metals that wear fast, not really strong durability, etc. This could be your problem, buy try asking a trem-expert.
yeah it is that guitar....and that sounds like a logical reason why thnkyou ....any ideas on how i could make this better/not as much of a problem?
Quote by rockdude375
yeah it is that guitar....and that sounds like a logical reason why thnkyou ....any ideas on how i could make this better/not as much of a problem?

A more expensive guitar; sorry.
It's quite common in 'cheap'-ish guitars. For a stable Floyd you'd have to have an Original, which is rarely found on guitars under about 800 to a thousand bucks... you COULD replace it, I think the LTD LFR could be directly swapped for an OFR, but I would really advise against it, it's probably not worth it..