I'm looking to boost the output of my pedal board FX which normally got directly to the mixer and then to my computer

as of now I'm really cranking the FX and all that to have then heard and want to get a compact amp to put in line for better recording

i'm looking into this Crate Power Block and its a nice price on eBay at almost 50% off most of the time. I would put it before the mixer but after the FX, sound like it would work?
Any other suggestions on how to wire it in?

With my FX I run the mono out of the magicstomp to the rest of the FX (looper) and from the looper I go to the mixer, the other output of the magicstomp goes to another channel on the mixer so its a stereo type

WOOT!
just got myself a job!!..that's another story..and another post
you can't put it into the mixer, it has a poweramp. it goes into the speakers. if you use the headphone output to do that, you'd be wasting time and money.
That amp sounds bad no matter what man! Save yourself some money and buy a nice tube combo!
Quote by Charso
you can't put it into the mixer, it has a poweramp. it goes into the speakers. if you use the headphone output to do that, you'd be wasting time and money.

i dont care about the sound much at all. i only play for fun at the house...

could i put it after the mixer?

mixer--> powerblock---> recorder input on computer
im not sure at all but its £50 in soundcontrol at the min if your in the uk.

It sucks sound wise and my friend broke in a month.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Quote by moody07747
i dont care about the sound much at all. i only play for fun at the house...

could i put it after the mixer?

mixer--> powerblock---> recorder input on computer

NO NO NO!

You will fry your computer's spound card. The power block is not going to make it louder, unless you run it straight to the speaker. If you're struggling for volume on your computer, thein increase the volume input(gain) of the line in.

The powerblock's output resistance is much greater than the line in of your computer's soundcard. You will send too much power through, and damage something. It's not like a speaker, where you can mismatch sometimes. The powerblock is meant to act like a head, to provide power to drive speakers.
Last edited by Charso at Mar 7, 2007,
The powerblock is decent if u need plenty of power in a small package. For example if your going over to jam at your friends house and u dont wanna haul your stack over there u can practically put the thing in ur pocket and hook it up to a speaker someone on seattle craigslist was selling one w/ a 412 cab for $100 and i was tempted to get it and leave it at our drummers house but i didnt. Tonewise its not for recording at all, it just doesnt sound like a real amp. You might as well get a mic and mic your amp, that would probably sound better.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
That's something for tossing in your gig bag in case of emergencies, and praying that you never have to use. What soul power said too, maybe for some lazy half-assed jam sessions.
How much gain is there on one of these things?
The adverts say "from clean to crunch", but it's useless to me without more than that.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
not enough gain. It's too light to sound pleasant, too harsh sounding too. I'd say, with an EQ pedal, you coud do AC/DC pretty well.
Yeah, think of really light tube-ish distortion. For your money, it's not bad as a backup, providing you've got some good effects to put in front of it.
Running a POD in front of it would be optimal.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."