i had a really easy to treat cancer and now make a wish told me to make a wish. i need some recommendations on an amp with price btw $1000-3000. I play melodic metal, rock, blues and jazz. i'm thinking of a marshall but i also want to see other brands. Thanx
when having up to 3000 dollars you don't spend em' on a marshall?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Well done for recovering!
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Quote by gsoldi123
i had a really easy to treat cancer and now make a wish told me to make a wish. i need some recommendations on an amp with price btw $1000-3000. I play melodic metal, rock, blues and jazz. i'm thinking of a marshall but i also want to see other brands. Thanx

Mesa/Boogie Road King and Mark IV are both good options. You could also look into companies like Framus and Bogner.
Quote by backtothe70s
when having up to 3000 dollars you don't spend em' on a marshall?

Unless you get one of the hand-wired ones.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Mar 6, 2007,
Orange.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
Alright I feel bad for what I said...
Probably an Orange, a big one
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Wow, is everything okay?

Amps to check out:

Madison Divinity - Plenty of gain, also good cleans!
http://www.madisonamps.com/2007/enter.htm

Diezel Herbert - have no clue how much they are, but they sound great.
http://diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/soundclips.30.0.html

Krank Revolution - Enough gain and tone to choke baby seals. Nice cleans also.
http://www.krankamps.com/sound/sound.aspx

Genz Benz El Diablo - Well aside from the fact that Staind and 3 Doors Down plays them, they are good.
http://www.genzbenz.com/?fa=detail&mid=1403&sid=416&cid=91

Bogner Ecstacy, Shiva - Great amplifiers, but not sure that they fit budget. Consequently, I would give my first born for one of these.
http://www.bogneramplification.com/MP3.htm

Check those out and see what you think. Hopefully this helps some.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
What type of music do you play? I will blindly second the Mesa RoadKing though. Just about one of my favorite amps. Or you could get a couple of different amps for multiple music styles.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
thanks for caring...everything is ok now, basically i had kidney cancer, they took out my kidney and now it's all gone
Quote by gsoldi123
thanks for caring...everything is ok now, basically i had kidney cancer, they took out my kidney and now it's all gone

Good for you man, really. Good to see not everyone dies from cancer, people tend to forget that, a lot, even though their lives could still suck for a long time.

Anyway, the Mesa Roadking is good, if you're looking for deep high gain. IMO. Some (most?) Diezels are up for this as well.

Other genres, I hear Orange has orgasmic cleans.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Mesa/Boogie Road King and Mark IV are both good options. You could also look into companies like Framus and Bogner.

+1
definetly check out the mark IV.

laney makes good amps too.
Take it from an Owner...... soon to be EX- Owner. TSL 602 is a Great amp overall..... but when you stack it next to an Orange, Matchless, or HiWatt........ it gets SMOKED. Not from a Gain or distortion perspective..... but just absolutely not even in the same CLass of amp.... and I ain't talking about the Power either.

H*ll..... I'll sell you my TSL602 for $700.00. Perfect condition......but as soon as I got that Vox AC-30 set up it's been basically collecting Dust. Except for when I want to dial in some old school GnR Slash stuff. It's really good at that.

Orange Handwired Custom 50. Or Matchless HC-30. For $3000.00 at least. Go with an Amp that's signature is it's Tone. Just my opinion.... but for the most part Metal and Tone do not go together. And the "Metal" amps.... Peavey 5150(old school) and 6505..... really can't do much else Well. But a Custom Orange or Matchless Head partnered up with some front-end or rear-end effects can do Metal. Plus it's gonna RULE for everything else except Metal.

For harder Gain stuff you can always get a modded TS-808 or some sort of OD pedal...... but if it were my $$$... I'd be looking into a Hand-wired Custom from somewhere.

I'm about to shell out $1200 tomorrow afternoon for an Orange AD-30 Twin Channel. And after that the Marshall is RETIRED.

Maybe a Vintage original Plexi 50 Watt or a Jubilee JCM800 head would be about as CLOSE as you could get to Orange or Matchless.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
DUDE you scored! the greatest amp... get a marshall plexi from 1968.. its the holy grail of amps, nothing beats it... although a real one may run you up to 5000... but Id just poay them for the rest of it... or you can get a jcm800 if ur into really heavy metal for about 1000. dont get reissues though... get the real thing on ebay.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Just to say congratulations on the recovery.

You should consider a really nice Orange amp, they're awesome.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Glad you're doing better. You're a true musician, making your wish on guitar amps, way to be man, way to be = )
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
All I have to say it, get better man .

Hope you're doing better with recovering.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
matchless; but get out and try amps until you find one you like, then point at it and say, "that'll do nicely"
Quote by Kurapica
Just to say congratulations on the recovery.

You should consider a really nice Orange amp, they're awesome.

which Orange would u guys recommend me?

and would it be good for metal too??
Last edited by gsoldi123 at Mar 6, 2007,
i think any orange can do metal with a decent boost from a od pedal
Thunderverb for metal. Or a Rocker half stack.

The AD140 is good though if you like a bit of everything so you can use channel 1 for cleans/crunch and channel 2 for metal stuff.

The Rocker heads have more gain though apparently.
With that kind of range...is it possible for you to go out and try out amps? If I were you Id be playing every amp under the sun.
moved to gg&a
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
hughes and kettner triamp.
bowl of sex that amp is.
dunno whats up with lik EVERYONE liking orange sudenly, like even kids who havent played em like my friend/singer he loves orange and has never heard one.
wait maybe a bogner as one of my favorite tones is from a ecstasy.

but you have a LOT of moneys to spend on an amp so try everything you can.
Laney GH50L with matching quad.... These amps are what marshall should be making now, but laney are and they kick ass... Ridiculously versitile
Orange can do metal without a pedal but im using one at the moment just because my orange cant do REALLY high gain stuff as well without as it can with
Oh god, if you get a thunderverb, you better spend $100 on some ear plugs. That sucker is loud. It runs as a bass amp too, I thought that was pretty cool.
Good work surviving cancer. Cancer is the top of my shit list, because my mum died of it two years ago. I get a lot of satisfaction from everyone who survives, it feels like getting one back against a terrible disease.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Jinskee
All I have to say it, get better man .

Hope you're doing better with recovering.

haha. i expected jinskee to go

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE

KsE

You know they rock.
Last edited by de.sandman at Mar 7, 2007,
Quote by de.sandman
haha. i expected jinskee to go

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE

I wanted to be supportive...but if you say so D:.

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE

GO GO GO!!11! : D.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Have you considered half stacks? Maybe a REALLY nice Marshall head or something with an enormous 4x12 cab
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by gsoldi123

I don't have an amp recommendation because I don't knwo prices for stuff over there...

I just wanted to say congratulations It's always nice to hear when someone recovers from an illness..
jcm800?
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab