i'm also looking for a high end blues guitar...i'm between an eric johnson or an eric clapton sig. strat...which other guitar would u recommend?
Those 2 sound like a good choice. Maybe the SRV strat too. Comes stock with texas specials! bitchin guitar. Definately stick to fender unless you're lookin for a little muddier tone. Id say fender though. Its easier to create the gibson sound on a strat then it is to create the fender sound on a gibson. Fender FTW. IMO of course.
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
American fender strat, ofcourse!
You're solid gold. I'll see you in hell.
Well, if you want your "own" tone, then get an American strat and change the pups, then mod it however else you want. I'm not against sig guitars or anything, it's just the specs are exactly how THEY want it-may not be how YOU want it.
Strats sound great for blues. Definately worth it.

psycadelicart - What are you talking about gibson sounds from a strat? I'd pay to see that.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
I wouldn't get a signature model if I were you. Make your own sound! (others have said this).

I wouldn't just limit yourself to a strat. Maybe a semi-hollowbody, I don't have a clue about price of gibsons, epiphones, ibanez' (artcore?), Tele's, Gretsch, go nuts! Try them all out!

Strats kick ass for blues though , if you do go for a strat, don't bother with signature model, unless you mod it and make it your own 'sig' model .
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Tele's are lovely.

Personally, I like one with a mahogany body, a humbucker in the neck and a single at the bridge. I don't think Fender makes one like that though.

Gretsch's are sexy, too.
Quote by SaulHudson
Elaborate?

What's to elaborate?

Short of being an exceptionally gifted player, the strat's just not naturally inclined towards Blues.

Short of being an Albert King or a Clapton, or others of that pantheon, the strat simply won't make anything resembling a blues sound. I mean, look at Stevie Ray Vaughan! I wouldn't wish that sound on my worst enemy.
My pick would go to a es-335, pricetag is kind of a downer though .
id say the srv strat. the pau ferro fretboard warms it up a little more
Quote by peever
id say the srv strat. the pau ferro fretboard warms it up a little more

The difficulty being that if it's a good guitar, then it can't be a good signature.
Eric Johnson or Clapton? Are you for real?
Get a guitar you like and make a name for yourself instead of asking us!!!
If you can really play the blues, you would not be asking anyone what guitar to get.
Can you play high-end blues to match the high-end guitar you seek? Good Luck!!!
Quote by Siciliano
Eric Johnson or Clapton? Are you for real?
Get a guitar you like and make a name for yourself instead of asking us!!!
If you can really play the blues, you would not be asking anyone what guitar to get.
Can you play high-end blues to match the high-end guitar you seek? Good Luck!!!

i don't think i'm good enough to play high end blues but i'm getting this for free so i want to get the best guitar possible
Clapton or Mayer. They have great blues sounds, IMO.

But really, you can't go wrong with a Fender American.

Also...free!? HOW!? I want a free guitar. Get me one!
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)