Anyone here a fan?

I ****ing love the records, but they're absolute shite live.

Recommended Listening:
Barbie is dead
All I want to know
She's not there
CID

Discuss.
why do they suck live?
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Because their drummer plays shitty US D beat style drums, the guitar player think's he's johnny thunders but uses a shitty nu metal amp setting through a ****ed cabinet.

It's basically the goodness of the subs, drowned out by hi gain distorted noise with shit drums.

Which means that you can't hear the harmonica, bass or vocals, which are all rather stellar.

Plus the support band was a shitty indie band with a guy dancing around with a giant eye on his head.
i got one cd, a.w.o.l. and i thought it was purty good. i want to get more albums, but never get around to it. i was gonna see then with the adicts and misfits, but it was at riot fest, which sucks; plus im pretty sure the three of them ended up not going at the end. sounds like they can change how they sound live though... i love the song self-destruct, though it kind of sounds like a bunch of guitar riffs the guitarist liked and just threw them together, but it is catchy...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
uhhh yeah the UK subs rule, favorite songs are, Police State, Tommorows Girls, Warhead, Riot, Plan of Action, Party in Paris
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I only have some greatest hits collection (Original Punks Original Hits), and judging by that I think they're pretty good. Maybe not on my top 5 list (though I don't really even have one), but I do enjoy listening to them. Never seen 'em live though.

One of the people in the crowd on the cover of OPHP looks like the Samwise dude from Lord of the Rings.. Sean Astin? It looks exactly like him, it's kinda freaky.
i absoluetely love the uk subs
favorite songs would probaby be kicks, rat race, stranglehold, teenage, party in paris and self destruct
Uk Subs Are In Egual To U.s.'s Flipper In Other Words the shit
Treat Me Like Dynamite And Give me Medication Till My Stomachs Full -Andy warhol Paints America- Bush Pains America Bitter distaste rhymes outside find wayz to hide.
Quote by indestructible8
their on the roxy 6 cd thing and CID is really good on there. and its all live and i think it sounds pretty good, i guess they suck live now though.

got Those Cd's Same box set yeah its great for 70's Real Punk
Treat Me Like Dynamite And Give me Medication Till My Stomachs Full -Andy warhol Paints America- Bush Pains America Bitter distaste rhymes outside find wayz to hide.
i saw them live in connecticut with the misfits, addicts etc. I though they were better live than on record. I got quintissentials and riot double set. They are an under appreciated punk band.
I love the UK subs feckin' excellent.

Warhead is amazing need to download some more songs though but what i've heard is amazing.
i own their album "brand new age", but i didn't really dig it. i havn't listened to them in a while though, maybe i'll listen to that cd again to see if my opinions changed.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by teenage riot
I love the UK subs feckin' excellent.

Warhead is amazing need to download some more songs though but what i've heard is amazing.

couldnt agree more, teenage riot!! downloaded stuff cause of their myspace. wow.. never thought i'd EVER reference myspace in my life. good for bands though.
Quote by UraniYum
i don't care if this is closed, but i'd really like a blink182sgirl appreciation thread of some kind.

Quote by Iliemyfaceoff
well arent we just a _______ iunno

yes we are

"Punk aint no religious cult, PUNK MEANS THINKING FOR YOURSELF" - Jello Biafra