Page 1 of 3
So I'm a freshman in High School and got asked to senior prom. My parents aren't allowing me to go.

What can I say to convince them to let me go?
I've alread thought of:
1. It's in school.
2. It's chaperoned.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Possible.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Why aren't they letting you go out of interest? Might help people help you out a bit more if we knew their 'reasoning'.
Proms suck, well mine did, it was all cheesy. The music sucked. The food sucked.

Anyway ill help you nonetheless.

Just tell your parents that if they don't let you go to the prom you'll kick them square in the nuts.
They won't let me go because 'they're older kids and you're young.'

My ass.
Quote by shattamakar

Are you a girl/guy?

Were you asked by a senior girl/guy?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Explain that they're robbing you of one of the most powerful moments in your teenage years. If that lie doesn't work drug 'em.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
They won't let you go to a prom? Are they nuts?
Just write a big essay on "why you should be allowed to go" including that they get some time rid of you, you get a fun night, no hanky panky, it's school, it's educational to the sense of your dancing and life-experience, there will be parents, you'd be missing an opportunity of your life... blah blah blah
Nicolle. Me. Got it?
Quote by y2james2007 :p
Proms suck, well mine did, it was all cheesy. The music sucked. The food sucked.

So did mine...the food was criminal...especially considering that was why it cost so much.

No variety of food either...we walked into to the main room to see a huge long table with loads of plates...on closer inspection there was sort of a pattern to the food. There was stale bread with tuna (at least i think it was tuna) on it, pizza that resembled plastic and a chocolate plate...that was it...just that pattern repeating about 50 times.

Needless to say hardly anyone ate anything...we had to pay for drinks too.

Bastards.
Don't go. The whole senior-going-out-with-freshman thing is just so sleezy.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by E Daws
Are you a girl/guy?

Were you asked by a senior girl/guy?

I'm a guy. She's a girl.
Quote by jesusgonewrong
Explain that they're robbing you of one of the most powerful moments in your teenage years. If that lie doesn't work drug 'em.

That's a good one. Not the druging.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by walkinbazooka

My ass.

haha dude

Congrats on getting asked! You must be some stud

Anyway, I'd tell them that its a once in a lifetime chance, and also tell them that nothing (sexually) between you and your date will be going on. And the stuff you have already is good too.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Tell them if you go,they could become grandparents.
Zebra! llll llll llll llll llll

Save the Zebra's
Well, if you're a guy, just tell them it isn't like she can rape you and odds are a senior girl isn't going to put out to a freshman like you. So they have no reason to worry.
Quote by RHCP94
Quote by walkinbazooka
So I'm a freshman in High School and got asked to senior prom. My parents aren't allowing me to go.

What can I say to convince them to let me go?
I've alread thought of:
1. It's in school.
2. It's chaperoned.

4. Im trying to get laid, help me out!!
5. Dad you're whipped just let me go!

Just talk to your old man when your moms gone and be like "Come on dad you know the deals!" and get him to cover for you while you're at prom!
Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!
In the rays of the sun I'am longing for the darkness
Funny Canadians : Brandon860, Bodom & Scourge
Leader of the I boobs club
Quote by alexlemon2
Freshman in high school? as in year 7 at secondary school?

Fairly sure high school is college equivalent over here so 16 years old-ish im guessing.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by Bodom
4. Im trying to get laid, help me out!!
5. Dad you're whipped just let me go!

Just talk to your old man when your moms gone and be like "Come on dad you know the deals!" and get him to cover for you while you're at prom!

I think I might use that one.
Quote by shattamakar

Kill them, they can't stop you when they're dead. I'm not joking, kill them, kill them, kill them /subliminal kill them messaging
Ya, proms are lame. The after party is where the real fun stuff goes down.
wait, so you got asked to this prom by someone 4 years older than you? and you're a guy?

awesome
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
ORRRRRRRRR just invite everyone round the day before too your house for a big big party, solved, you didnt go to prom and got laid smashed and probably a few pissed off parents!!! sounds perfect
Tell them some of your friends are going.
Quote by RHCP94
Quote by walkinbazooka

My ass.

Haha, sounds like a typical "parent reason" with any reasoning or logic.

Ok, what you need to do is make the girl you're going with appealing. Tell her she's a really great girl and (maybe lie) that she doesn't have anyone else to go with and it would mean alot if you 2 could go with eachother.

Tell them it's going to be fine, she knows alot of people there and they're all nice. This is a good oportunity for you to socialize and go to a prom.

If that fails... "does this rag smell like choloform to you?"
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Thanks guys. There have been some great suggestions and (typical of UG) some very funny ones.

Keep them coming if you can.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by alexlemon2
Freshman in high school? as in year 7 at secondary school?

idk what secondary school is like middle school? he means like 9th grade like year one at high school... idk if thats what u mean...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
freshman is usually 14-15 yrs old.

and yea, do what the indians did. seperate the weak from the herd. you get your "weaker" parent alone and have a chat with him/her. if that doesn't work, then just use the i will kill myself one. if they don't let you go you could turn them in for attempted murder.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Page 1 of 3