Now hold on. Before everyone says "THE GIBSON, THE GIBSON!!" just hear me out. Now i will be taking a job soon were i will be payed 60-120 bucks A DAY!! So when i take this job i thought "OH!! yes now i can buy a new guitar!!!". So i want to get the guitar soon but realized that the Gibson LP Satndard was like $1120!! so i thought hell i dont wont to save that long!! But i want an arch top, not a "flat top" i guess u would call it. But if not either are their ant Strats that would be worth while? And has any body had experience with the Gibson Faded SG?
PS: $900 or lower
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
I can tell you that if you choose either an Epiphone LP or a Gibson LP you will be happy. I own both and no matter which one I'm playing they sound great. I do admit that the Gibson has a heavier and thicker sound, which is why I like to play it more. The Epiphone doesn't pail much in comparison though and it does the job very well. If your pockets are hurting, I'd choose the Epiphone but if you want the heavy sound and just a thicker guitar all-together go with the Gibson.
If you really want it wait it out and get the Gibson. I don't think I have ever seen a Gibson LP Standard for $1120 unless its used.But other then that you coulg get an epi Elitist for around that price and it would kick a Studio's arse. I would also stay away from the Faded Gibson guitars. They really do just feal like total crap but thats just my opinion. Its the finish they use... Its a sin. But anywho an Elitist Lp would be good for you since your into the carved top LP look.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
I would say that the Gibson is probably worth saving for. You can get Epiphone quality at half the price with any other decent LP copy. I have a Vintage V100 LP which is exactly the same as an Epi Standard but half the store price, and a third the retail price.
21st Century Digital Boy
dude you cant wait like 2 weeks to afford it? i'd save even more and get an extremely nice guitar.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Neither. Get a Japanese made LP copy. Greco, Tokai, Burny, Edwards, or Orville.
Gibson > Epi

or

Epi > Gibson - if the Gibson is low-end and the Epi is high end
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by OsirisProtocol
If you really want it wait it out and get the Gibson. I don't think I have ever seen a Gibson LP Standard for $1120 unless its used.But other then that you coulg get an epi Elitist for around that price and it would kick a Studio's arse. I would also stay away from the Faded Gibson guitars. They really do just feal like total crap but thats just my opinion. Its the finish they use... Its a sin. But anywho an Elitist Lp would be good for you since your into the carved top LP look.

Well im lookin online at GuitarCenter.com and it says there that the reduced price is $1120. But my local music store has a bunch of American Strats for like 300-400 dollars cheaper so i guess ill just go with a strat. But if you guys think otherwise then tell me now.

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
well stay away from the gibson faded series. a nice epiphone is better than a faded gibson.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Vintage
Digitech RP 100A
Kustom Quad 100 DFX
Washburn D10S Deluxe (electric acoustic)
**** the strat! the gibson will pwn it any day.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Vintage
Digitech RP 100A
Kustom Quad 100 DFX
Washburn D10S Deluxe (electric acoustic)
How good are PRS guitars? And anyone know what the bolts at the top the the headstock on this thing do?http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?full_sku=103662763

Quote by Chuck Norris
What bolts at the top of the headstock? And that's an Ibanez you linked to. I still say jap copy but PRS' are nice too.
Quote by wonder725
What bolts at the top of the headstock? And that's an Ibanez you linked to. I still say jap copy but PRS' are nice too.

I know its an ibanez. when u get there to the page click enlarge and look at the headstock. the bolts or knobs what ever they are at the top. what do they do?

Quote by Chuck Norris
Quote by thehardwayout
Now hold on. Before everyone says "THE GIBSON, THE GIBSON!!" just hear me out. Now i will be taking a job soon were i will be payed 60-120 bucks A DAY!! So when i take this job i thought "OH!! yes now i can buy a new guitar!!!". So i want to get the guitar soon but realized that the Gibson LP Satndard was like $1120!! so i thought hell i dont wont to save that long!! But i want an arch top, not a "flat top" i guess u would call it. But if not either are their ant Strats that would be worth while? And has any body had experience with the Gibson Faded SG?

LP standards usually go for around 2000 USD.

How can you not wait two weeks?

If you can't wait two weeks to buy a guitar, you don't deserve one at all.

I worked all summer to buy mine, and most people have to save for even longer. You have a good money making opportunity, don't blow it because you're impatient.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
work like a bitch, ive known people (myself even) willing to work a year or two for piece of that class!

do it boy and stop bitching like a bitch bitching
cant you just wait like a month and get a Gibson Custom?
My gear:
-No Brand Classical Guitar
-Squier Stratocaster Affinity Series
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!
Quote by hamish5178
LP standards usually go for around 2000 USD.

How can you not wait two weeks?

If you can't wait two weeks to buy a guitar, you don't deserve one at all.

I worked all summer to buy mine, and most people have to save for even longer. You have a good money making opportunity, don't blow it because you're impatient.

Well............that was...........INSPIRING!!!!! No, i guess ill just listen to you and wait the extra 2 weeks. I wiil be working all of my spring break(which is next week) and all through my summer break(May 23 through August whenever). So i can definatly wait so i can buy an even more kick ass guitar!

Quote by Chuck Norris
yeah i have a job lined up for my spring break too, i'll be taking care of 5 show dogs and the people are LOADED, so hopefully i'll get a nice chunk of change for my gear, hopefully and Blues Junior and Robert Cray Strat
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Whats your amp?

Because no offense but you sound like a newb and a newbs #1 mistake is buying a good guitar and having a shitty amp.

Also the knob things you said on the Ibanez are locks, you see that the Ibanez has a trem? Those things are used so the guitar stays in tune while you dive bomb. But seriously, tuning and restringing is a BITCH, you have no idea of how much process it will take to do those two tasks, i seriously recommend you stay away from floyd roses for a while at least. You like Blink 182? You don't need one.
MY faded SG is kind of a one off, I found it at a local shop, and it playd like butta, it has a C neck and a very very very nice finish, it was almost clear and doesnt lok staing looks like sraight mohagony..

I dont know how I managed because all the Faded SG's ve played suck.. Mine was a diamond in the fough..

I say Gibson or elitest Epi..

My Custom Paul is soo thick. (sound)
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by thehardwayout

Lower end Gibsons like the SG Faded sometimes are a hit or miss, they just aren't the same quality you get from a higher end Gibson. IMO you're being suckered into buying it because of the low price tag and Gibson on the headstock.

Save up for a few weeks and get the Standard, I played one and it was just perfect! If I only had the cash
Quote by SGKIDD
MY faded SG is kind of a one off, I found it at a local shop, and it playd like butta, it has a C neck and a very very very nice finish, it was almost clear and doesnt lok staing looks like sraight mohagony..

I dont know how I managed because all the Faded SG's ve played suck.. Mine was a diamond in the fough..

I say Gibson or elitest Epi..

My Custom Paul is soo thick. (sound)

yeah im the same i just happened to get a great sg faded and i personally think that its better than my friends standard.

but as for you saving up for the guitar, try both out and see which you like more, and go with that
NOPE
I wouldn't get a Faded though, i thought everything on it sucked.

The finish blowed, i thought i was gonna get a splinter just by touching the thing, the pickups look super cheap like they put them in with ducktape and they don't sound very good IMO, the neck is also pretty big. Lastly the tuners look very cheap like they blow.
those ESP EC 1000's are pretty sweet for the deal too. But if I were you, I would save for a nice amp. If you want the guitar, then the only gibson's worth getting are the higher end ones, which I think are grossly overpriced, like celestion speakers. a high end epipone should do the job, like an elitist model or something like that.
Do not go for a faded SG; they are terrible, they look ugly, sound crappy, and feel like a pine 2x4. I advise to save up and get the Gibson, you will be happier in the long run, because you can't beat a Gibson, and if you get the Epi, you will be happy for now, but later on, you'll just want the Gibson again.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
i have to agree...do not get a gibson faded model
unless you are desperate to get accepted by all those rich bastards who only become friends with you if you have "quality" brand stuff
like a gibson guitar

IMO my epi lp classic beats the crap out of the gibson sg faded i tried

but for you i'd go with either an epi elitist if you want a good guitar "fast" or go for a nice gibson custom..i mean with 100 bucks daily thats like 60 days of work for a great guitar you'll keep all your life
and if you decide to sell it one day...you get a buttload of money back

keep in mind...you have to work maybe 60 days for a 6000 buck guitar
while others have to work months...maybe years for that
if they can even dare to dream of a gibby custom

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by hendriko at Mar 10, 2007,
get the epiphone and work your way to a new amp or something
Quote by ledhendrix711
do u guys know where i can get guitar tabs ive bin lookin every where on the internet..

Quote by Muphin
I take the strings off before I smash my guitars. I usually go through about 2 a week. It's mad fun.
Save up and go play every single guitar youpossibly canwhilst you're saving. Then once you've played them all, you can compare and you'll have enough money to get the exact one you want.

Guitars aren't about brand names, or finishes or hardware. They're about what feels right to you.

If you're set on either Epi - Gibson - Strat though. I say save your money and get a Gibson Custom because like everyone else said. You might not get the chance to buy one again, and if you ever decide to sell it. You're basically gauranteeed it will keep 90% of it's value if you've looked after it.
Fadeds aren't as bad as everyone makes them seem. You won't get a splinter playing them and some people actually like the finish. If you look hard enough you'll find a nice faded sg. Faded v's are usually great, and the faded les pauls(vintage mahogany) are pretty good too as long as you're fine with the mahogany top not maple.

And once again, I'll reccommend a lawsuit model lp. Greco, tokai, burny, edwards, orville.
Last edited by wonder725 at Mar 10, 2007,
I would buy a Epi Elitlist LP Custom, they sound really sweet and they're not bad looking either