i'm looking into a looper, and was looking at the boss RC-20. About $250 (american). Recently, one of my mom's co-workers has a husband who is a proffessional musician, and he said that most good loopers are over 400 bucks. I know it sounds like something a proffessional would say, but i want something that i can use to a full potential without running out of possibilities.

The RC-50 is about $500, and i'll probably be using craigslist or ebay to find one, because our budget is about 400 dollars. With a built in drum machine with over 300 beats in multiple time signatures, overdubb-able tracks, 49 minutes of record time, tempo adjuster (i've heard this doesnt work so well on it), 7 footswitches, and many other features, this sounds like almost everything i could need.

I'm wondering, has anybody had good or bad experiences with this, and does it sound right for me?

EDIT: BOSS RC-50

thanks in advance
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

well im looking for something i can record full songs on, does what its meant to do, and endless possibilities.
thanks for the input, though
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

The 50 is probably a better looper, but it's probably overkill for what you want to do. It's not really an 'investment' because both of them are going to lose about the same amount of value if you ever need to sell them. Basically, if money is of little importance, get the 50, but practically the 20xl should do everything you need.
yeah, money isnt the biggest problem because we're going to spend around 400-450 dollars on it. I also want to be able to use it for a long time, and 11 minutes just might not be enough for some of it. I want to be able to get as much out of it as i can.

thanks for the feedback
O.S.I.

Check out my profile