Page 1 of 3
I'm looking for some sweet funk rock bands along the lines of the funky tunes that RHCP comes out with. I looked at the recomendation thread and I didn't find much new there so just hook me up with who you think the funkiest rock band is.
Mr. Bungle and some old-school Incubus. If you want old funk, try George Clinton or Parliament/Funkadelic.
LOL
One word my friend

all primus
Old incubus like S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and fungus amongus shit
Faith no more
Mr.Bungle if you like very weird shit
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
One word my friend

all primus
Old incubus like S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and fungus amongus shit
Faith no more
Mr.Bungle if you like very weird shit

That's not one word.

tard
LOL
Yeah I listen to Primus a lot, and Incubus is getting kinda old to me, but I could try Mr.Bungle
Quote by DownInAHole.
That's not one word.

tard

Lol shut up! you wont go to heaven if you make fun of tards !
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^ I am tool jesus and I say GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Early Funkadelic (first three albums) has some of the earliest examples as something you can describe as Funk Rock. Plus, they kick arse even when they're not being Funk Rock, so you can't lose really.

Also, Jane's Addiction have their (occasional) moments of funkiness. Been Caught Stealing is a Funk Rock classic!
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
^ ! that isnt ****ing funk! I love janes addiction and some of their songs are totally funky like idiots rule and they have alot of slapping in their songs but that is not funk!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
The Rainbow Butt Monkeys ( now Finger 11) . Letters to Chutney was their first album and it is funk rock/metal.
Quote by DownInAHole.
Mr. Bungle and some old-school Incubus. If you want old funk, try George Clinton or Parliament/Funkadelic.

This guy knows what he's talkin about. Also, check out Mos Def's The New Danger, that's got some funky-ass tracks on it.

Also, you could never go wrong with Sly & The Family Stone.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ ! that isnt ****ing funk! I love janes addiction and some of their songs are totally funky like idiots rule and they have alot of slapping in their songs but that is not funk!

Erm....yes it is.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
Faith No More have a slightly funky vibe too
Quote by Lukeisonfire

I said they "have their (occasional) moments of funkiness". You said "some of their songs are totally funky". I fail to see where we disagree.

Plus, like DownInAHole said, slap bass is a funk technique.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
I said they "have their (occasional) moments of funkiness". You said "some of their songs are totally funky". I fail to see where we disagree.

Plus, like DownInAHole said, slap bass is a funk technique.

Sorry I was delusional when I wrote that. I meant the song been got stealing is more of an up beat 90s song, there is no funk in it. But janes addiction I do agree can be funk metal
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Kartman
This guy knows what he's talkin about. Also, check out Mos Def's The New Danger, that's got some funky-ass tracks on it.

Also, you could never go wrong with Sly & The Family Stone.

Mos Def ****ing rules and the one sly songs with the famous bass riff>anything today.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
Sorry I was delusional when I wrote that. I meant the song been got stealing is more of an up beat 90s song, there is no funk in it. But janes addiction I do agree can be funk metal

OK, well I still think you're still wrong, 'coz it's funky as f*ck, but whatever.

^ omg omg omg.... FIRST OFF I LOVE BEEN GOT STEALING ITS JUST NOT FUNK METAL THAT PARTICULAR SONG. DOWNINAHOLE I HAVE EVERY ALBUM BY THEM AND HAPPEN TO LOVE THEM AND I WILL AGREE THAT THEY ARE FUNK METAL. Damn does anyone understand?
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ omg omg omg.... FIRST OFF I LOVE BEEN GOT STEALING ITS JUST NOT FUNK METAL THAT PARTICULAR SONG. DOWNINAHOLE I HAVE EVERY ALBUM BY THEM AND HAPPEN TO LOVE THEM AND I WILL AGREE THAT THEY ARE FUNK METAL. Damn does anyone understand?

OK, first off, turn of the caps, would ya? This thread isn't discussing funk-metal, it's discussing funk-rock, which is what Jane's Addiction pretty much is. "Been Caught Stealing" is a very funky song too so why would you jump to that conclusion?
LOL
^ well sorry for the caps attack . Funk metal and funk rock are extremely similar my friend so I think we could discuss both. Like I would definitly think primus or old incubus is funk metal. Been caught stealing is like a happy acoustic song you know but with some deep ass good solos over it. The bass its self is a little bit funky but not like ridiculous slapping ok. when I mean funk, thats what i think of.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ well sorry for the caps attack . Funk metal and funk rock are extremely similar my friend so I think we could discuss both. Like I would definitly think primus or old incubus is funk metal. Been caught stealing is like a happy acoustic song you know but with some deep ass good solos over it. The bass its self is a little bit funky but not like ridiculous slapping ok. when I mean funk, thats what i think of.

There is funky acoustic stuff. You have heard the intro to "Funky Monks" right?
LOL
^ oh well i never thought of it that way but still dont think so.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Eric Avery slapped in a grand total of one song. They are not funky, I agree. But surely, you can be more polite and less flirtacious with DownInAHole than that.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
^ All right utbdan said that they arent funk so I guess they arent... ANyway, sorry downinahole I was really angry at the time and was trying to make a point
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Yes, because, as we all know, mods possess the word of God.

Gang of Four pretty much invented funk rock fusion in modern rock, even if it isn't as apparent as say Freaky Styley. Flea and Kiedis have both stated Gang of Four as perhaps their biggest influence, as Kiedis began singing because of them. Rage Against the Machine has also admitted they pretty much began by ripping off Gang of Four.

Fugazi is another band with a different brand of funk influence - in the skittery, GO4-esque rythms and guitar work.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Mr. Bungle, Squeeze me macaroni is very similar to RHCP's songs from The The Self titled to uplift mofo, if your looking for funky stuff go for Bungle's first cd, like RHCP them and their music matured as their career went on.
Honestly, Mr. Bungle has never tickled my pickle. They just seem a little too heavy to be considered "funk rock."
Quote by PDMChubby
I'm looking for some sweet funk rock bands along the lines of the funky tunes that RHCP comes out with. I looked at the recomendation thread and I didn't find much new there so just hook me up with who you think the funkiest rock band is.

It's literally dead now, man. Sorry to say :[

Anyways, old-incubus is really funky. I personally don't like it, but most who like RHCP do.
Parliment/Funkadelic. They invented the fusion between rock and funk.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Been listenin' to alot of Led Zep lately, and The Crunge off of Houses Of The Holy is pure funk rock. Sure, it isn't "Modern Rock", but it's Funk Rock nonetheless.
Quote by Kartman
Been listenin' to alot of Led Zep lately, and The Crunge off of Houses Of The Holy is pure funk rock. Sure, it isn't "Modern Rock", but it's Funk Rock nonetheless.

The Crunge is fucking awesome. I like Dancing Days too.
LOL
The Pop Group is another band influential in the formation of modern funk rock.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Page 1 of 3