so ive recently gotten deeply into muse, and matt bellamy has basically replaced my god (i didnt have one but lets go with it). And now im inspired to write things like he does, and i was wondering what techniques does he use? i know the tremelo picking, but what else?? what scales does he like to use and what chords??

thanks in advance
matt's too good for just one scale. And he uses everychord. He's god. what doesn't he do?

if you find out anything tell me... id love to know too
Quote by Captian Xero

if you find out anything tell me... id love to know too

hahaha yes, i noticed he likes his tremelo picking, he does the solo to 'time is running out' and most of 'knights of cydonia' but besides that i cant figure it out, he just makes the simplest things sound great
Digitech Whammy, NEW BORN LIVE SOLO!: Tapping tremol picking, Listen to Invincible for tapping with the Whammy. And lets say that he uses no blues scales (E7) but he uses blues chords, but not so often. In the early years he just used tremol picking and a whammy: Sunburn, Showbizz, New Born (that`s not really the early years but whatever)
Digitech Whammy, Keeping it simple.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by z4twenny
why not analyze some of their songs yourself and come to your own conclusions?

why is he here then

he uses classical scales even plugin baby is a classical scale look up neo classical shread theres a lesson on ug about it. im studying bellamy at the moment. he is a god.
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
Quote by PLUGINCHILD

he uses classical scales even plugin baby is a classical scale look up neo classical shread theres a lesson on ug about it.

You mean Fsharp Harmonic minor?
Far as I can see (I'm no expert BTW) but Bellamy uses the 7 Major scale modes most of the time with the occasional Harmonic minor thrown in.