are these guitars any good?
i'm curious because a friend asked me if i would buy his.

thanks in advance.
Top lel.
Yeah, I own one and they are great guitars. They are MIJ, have the original wizard neck, and they'll have a good trem too (either an Edge or Lo-Pro Edge depending on age). They were discontinued and the modern day equivalents are the RG1550 and the RG2550 to give you an idea.

What are the specs and price of the one being advertised to you?
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
im not particularly sure about the specs yet, im checking it out this weekend.

whats the deal with the lo-pro edge and edge trems? ive heard some conflicting views on them.
do they work the same way a standard floyd would? or is restringing more difficult? or something...
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
im not particularly sure about the specs yet, im checking it out this weekend.

whats the deal with the lo-pro edge and edge trems? ive heard some conflicting views on them.
do they work the same way a standard floyd would? or is restringing more difficult? or something...

Edge/lo pro tremolos are IMO better than an ofr. They are pretty much the same as a standard floyd rose with some refinements basically.
btw RG550s are great guitars i'd lap it up if i where you!
how much is your friend asking for it and have you played it? (liked the playablity etc)
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
im trying it out this week and seeing how much he wants for it

does the trem work in the same way as an OFR? like tune, lock, fine tune then balance or whatever?
Top lel.