Foshizzle.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
there are many threads for this but its a cool guitar,but its not worth no 6000 bux to me
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Its mainly $6000 because Steve Vai designed it and its his signature
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Its a collector's guitar, its not supposed to sound like a 5 thousand dollar instrument, its supposed to look like a peice of art.
i no its a collecter but if i payed 6000 bux for a guitar,its gonna be played,i love guitars and collecting them,but i play what i collect,nothiong gets noglected
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
as said its a collectors instrument, they'll probly only make 1000 of them or something.
thats the only reason its 6000
actually theres 500, and 200 in the states according to websites.
Its a collecters item, not a stage guitar. Its not even meant to be played.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by gsr2k6
Its a collector's guitar, its not supposed to sound like a 5 thousand dollar instrument, its supposed to look like a peice of art.

It doesn't look like art. It looks like cheap plastic. Steve Vai should be ashamed of himself for putting his name on such a disgrace. This guitar is a cheap attempt to screw idiots out of a lot of money.
Not taking any online orders.
The looks are preference. Some find it amazing, others hate it.

I love it, but it doesnt compare to the 10th.
I'm back, you douchebags.
why would someone pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a painting? it serves no real purpose.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
It's a real love-hate guitar. I hate it, the guy at the guitar store I ordered my 7V from loves it.

Really, you wouldn't play a guitar like that. It's to hang on a wall and point out to visitors.
no
Quote by One Way Ticket
The looks are preference. Some find it amazing, others hate it.

I love it, but it doesnt compare to the 10th.

yeah, and the 10th was a player

Quote by tubab0y
why would someone pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a painting? it serves no real purpose.

I hope you are saying that meaning "Paintings serve no real purpose, their purpose lies in their beauty. That is why they are worth thousands of dollars"

I'm sorry my sarcasm detecto meter is not working right now.
Last edited by Keef-is-king at Mar 6, 2007,
Doesn't this just exemplify the whole Ibanez concept (I'm so gonna be flamed for this one).

It feels cheap, plays cheap, it's just generally overrated and there are a plethora of better guitars out there.

To prove my point, lets look at this anniversary guitar. Not to be played! Piece of art! What a load of tripe. A guitar that is not meant to be played is a frigging expensive paper weight.

Maton's 60th annivesary guitar they released is amazing, so much better. And you could play it and it would sound amazing if you did.

Fender's 60th anniversary guitars (strat and tele) are even better. Even though they are something you could collect and never play, they sound fantastic and were built to be played and last a lifetime.
I'd say that about all the JEMs...

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Go for a JEM7VH if you want a good deal on a perfect guitar in terms of playability and sound (But not looks for most people).
Quote by J-Spoon
Doesn't this just exemplify the whole Ibanez concept (I'm so gonna be flamed for this one).

It feels cheap, plays cheap, it's just generally overrated and there are a plethora of better guitars out there.

A normal JEM is priced perfectly, in my opinion. They are playable and have nice features everywhere.

But yeah, anything under $1200 by Ibanez I would have to agree with this.
Quote by J-Spoon

To prove my point, lets look at this anniversary guitar. Not to be played! Piece of art! What a load of tripe. A guitar that is not meant to be played is a frigging expensive paper weight.

Maton's 60th annivesary guitar they released is amazing, so much better. And you could play it and it would sound amazing if you did.

Fender's 60th anniversary guitars (strat and tele) are even better. Even though they are something you could collect and never play, they sound fantastic and were built to be played and last a lifetime.

Well said. I can understand the whole "it's a work of art" thing. I just don't agree with it. I think guitars should be made to play. To each their own I guess.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by tubab0y

Expensive artwork should be looked at like currency. People who have money that they want to put aside buy artwork, because hanging your wealth on the wall is a lot more interesting than leaving it in a bank acount. Bear in mind that Paper currency is just a picture of a president that everyone agrees is worth something.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard