hey, I've been thinking about buying a bass recently, my first bass and I have 2 amps, both of which are guitar amps. I just wanted to know if it would hurt the amp at all I I plugged a bass into it.

thx
Use the search button there are plenty of threads on this, and no it wont hurt it at low volumes, it will just have really crappy tone
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
thx... sry about not using the search... I was just worried about blowing my amps... could you reccomend any good cheap amps?
i jus did a gig and used my friends guitar amp and nothing happened.It didnt sound bad either
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
lol thx guys ^_^

it's all good, I have friends who play bass, plus I can always ask people who work in my local music stores, so I don't think I'll be too bad off.

Thx for your help again
Quote by The1bassist06
i jus did a gig and used my friends guitar amp and nothing happened.It didnt sound bad either

Did you hear the bass at all, without using distortion?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i have a line 6 bass amp and a few guitar amps. playing a bass through a bass amp definitely sounds WAY better than through a guitar amp. If you play to loud on a guitar amp, you could blow out the speaker easier too. I'd just go with like a used bass amp or something
I have decided to go with a peavey 126 bass amp, which I can get for only $70 dollars... I'm hearing good reviews about it too.

Also the bass I decided to get was a peavey millenium BXP

If anyone has any experience please voice your opinions
Quote by thefitz
Did you hear the bass at all, without using distortion?

Yes i was playing on a Randall 180w while the rest of the band was playing on marshall 60watts
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble