Im facing this major problem with the standard tuning.... my vocals just don't seem good in any key...i always have to either hold back my vocals a lil to suit the key or sing at a key i am uncomfortable in and I hate it . I tried tuning a step down and up ...but it dose'nt seem to work either. So I did something weird....i changed the standard frequency of the E note to a range that will suit me and then tuned the rest of the notes accordingly. Is this wrong practice?
Tension might be a little wierd; most people use a capo to shift the guitar's range to suit their vox

It's very common, particularly with acoustic players, they just usually don't use tuning to achieve it.
^ i would recommend practicing singing in key to songs in standard type tunings, not like E 40 herz low or anything like that. find a Key that is suitable for your vocals but is in standard tuning, this is what i would recommend.
He means that instead of tuning half a step up or down he just messed around with his E string until it matched is voice, then tunned the other strings according to that. So it might be between two notes. For example it might be 1/4 of a step down.

I don't see anything wrong with that unless you try to play with a band, you would have to make sure everyone tunes by the same amount.
Zakk Wyld Epi
SD-1 Overdrive
Martin DX1
^ right, which is what i was saying, it would be easier to learn to sing to standard tuning instead of having everyone tune down X amount, what do you do when you want to record a song with things like keyboards or larger amounts of musicians? spend 3 hours getting everyone in tune? i say keep practicing, it gets easier to sing the more you do it.
Quote by Rib5
He means that instead of tuning half a step up or down he just messed around with his E string until it matched is voice, then tunned the other strings according to that. So it might be between two notes. For example it might be 1/4 of a step down.

I don't see anything wrong with that unless you try to play with a band, you would have to make sure everyone tunes by the same amount.

Thanks man....i think u've a point ...but i do realize what the others are trying to tell me too....It kinda makes sense ....i will face problems when I get to a stage where ill have to make everyone tune to my spec .
^ i recommend facing them now and dealing with them now so that you don't have to in the future. singing isn't the simplest of task, especially while playing guitar which is why i recommend you start early.